Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Every Penumbra game crashes at launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tried it in a VM too, the same crash happens... Ugh! Probably I messed up while creating my custom installer.

Grrrrrr... will redownload, most likely it would work just fine. Thank you all for the replies.
Custom installer? That's why it doesn't work of course!Sad
(08-02-2011, 09:50 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Custom installer? That's why it doesn't work of course!Sad

I make installers for all of my games, DRM-free, Steam, GamersGate, retail, whatever... Must have screwed up with this one. It worked before, but I updated it a few months ago... First time for everything, I guess. Smile
Interesting, how do you make the installers? I remember some time before I did that too but the result was not very good.
(08-02-2011, 09:10 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, how do you make the installers? I remember some time before I did that too but the result was not very good.

Currently using Advanced Installer. It is not really hard to get into it.
Found out the true cause of the problem. Seems like removing the Paradox and Frictional Games logos on startup cause this crash. :|
Yes, don't mess with them next time! SmileSmile
(08-04-2011, 04:51 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, don't mess with them next time! SmileSmile

Tongue

Anyway, thanks for all the replies.
I have the same thing, I am playing on steam, but I didn't make any weird installers or w/e.

I just see the frictional games logo, then a flash, then it crashes.

Help!
1. What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. Is it a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, what model?
3. What graphics card do you have (start and type dxdiag and go to Screen tab)
Pages: 1 2 3