Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Preventing doors from closing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case there is no way to do what i want, i have another idea on how to go about in doing this. However, i would prefer it if i could make the door become impossible to move (swing). Is there any way to have the door fixated in its opened state (without having a looping interact callback)?
You can use SetEntityInteractionDisabled("doornamehere", true); but that will let you move it by pushing it with other objects. That's the only option I can think of without having to create a custom entity. If you choose to do so you lose the door functionality, so when you decide you DO want the door to be interactive you'll need to have a separate inactive door entity in the same position which you then activate in the stead of the 'frozen' door.
Excellent, that worked!

BTW, setting it to false seems to have brought back interaction.
Yep that'll do it. Just call it once when you want to freeze the door. Then simply call it with false as your boolean to re-activate it. No need to create a looping function, if that's what you're up to Smile