Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: how to check if i have a 2.2 card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
need to find out so i may see if i can play
any help will be extremely grateful
Tell us what your video card is. You can check this by going to Start Menu -> type 'dxdiag' into the box. It's under the display tab, next to name.

If you need to know what OpenGL version you specifically have, you can download a program called DoctorGL, but be advised that some cards (mainly Intel ones) have drivers that don't really utilize the true OpenGL of the card.
(07-28-2011, 02:29 AM)TFEF Wrote: [ -> ]Tell us what your video card is. You can check this by going to Start Menu -> type 'dxdiag' into the box. It's under the display tab, next to name.

If you need to know what OpenGL version you specifically have, you can download a program called DoctorGL, but be advised that some cards (mainly Intel ones) have drivers that don't really utilize the true OpenGL of the card.

i have a intel atom
I think that's your processor. If that is a video card, I don't think it'll play Amnesia. Could you provide a screenshot of the dxdiag?
its my processor i just crossed referenced the requirements on the box with the stuff on the diag and its only a 1.6-1.7 so i just need to find a way to get a better processer but idk how the hell im going to do that

any ideas?
Upgrading processors is pretty tricky on computers. You'll likely need to get a new motherboard as well, since processors have a specific type of socket they fit into. If I remember correctly, Intel Atom is a mobile processor. If this is a laptop or notebook, you'll need a new PC in general to upgrade it. Upgrading laptops/notebooks is next to impossible unless you're an expert.

Best to stick to desktops for gaming, though.