Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Pathnode Scripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since a certain person asked for monster PathNodes in my second level, I'm asking you guys for any end functions that I could use?

E.G

AddEnemyPatrolNode("MonsterName", "Node_1", TimeAtNode, " ");

What goes on the last string?

Can you guys give me script examples? I know roughly what you put there. It's to do with what the monster does when it reaches that certain node.
the last string is for his animation, which plays, when he reaches the pathnode.
For example: "Attack", "Idle", "Idle2"
I'm not 100% sure how they're called, but you can look into the model editor, there are
all listed. Smile
Example:

AddEnemyPatrolNode("Malo", "PathNodeArea_1", 0, "");
You do not need to add that string..
Hope it helped.

-Dizturbed
(07-28-2011, 10:53 PM)Dizturbed Wrote: [ -> ]Example:

AddEnemyPatrolNode("Malo", "PathNodeArea_1", 0, "");
You do not need to add that string..
Hope it helped.

-Dizturbed

No, what I'm looking for are things to put on that string.

Thanks for your reply anyway
(07-28-2011, 09:13 PM)MrCookieh Wrote: [ -> ]the last string is for his animation, which plays, when he reaches the pathnode.
For example: "Attack", "Idle", "Idle2"
I'm not 100% sure how they're called, but you can look into the model editor, there are
all listed. Smile

How would you make him break through a door? Or is that automatic?
if you place a pathnode at each side of the door, he does it automatically, yes Smile
(07-28-2011, 11:13 PM)MrCookieh Wrote: [ -> ]if you place a pathnode at each side of the door, he does it automatically, yes Smile

Like:

. | .

I know that kinda looks wrong. xD
yes Tongue
and then you just have to add the pathnodes via script:
Code:
AddEnemyPatrolNode("grunt", "Node1", 0, "");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("grunt", "Node2", 0, "");
then he will go to Node1, and after he reached it, he wants to continue to Node2, but there is a door
between them, so he smashes it Smile