Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia game problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I bought Amnesia and installed it on my fiance's computer and everything seems to be going great except for one thing...
It's like the game is missing graphics/color. Everything looks dark and lots of object or in grayscale! What's up with that?! Has anyone else had this problem? I took some screen caps to show everyone and see if I can get some help on the matter. Thanks.
(p.s. Let me know if the pictures are too small to understand what I'm talking about)
Please post the hpl.log under Documents/Amnesia/Main
Also, providing information about your graphic card and operating system will be useful.

This kind of errors occur due to lack of installed graphic card drivers. Make sure your drivers are installed and up to date.
(08-02-2011, 09:51 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the hpl.log under Documents/Amnesia/Main
Also, providing information about your graphic card and operating system will be useful.

This kind of errors occur due to lack of installed graphic card drivers. Make sure your drivers are installed and up to date.

Is this the hpl.log?
My fiance's computure uses a Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT graphics card I think. He has Windows XP on his laptop. That's the most I know.
Download this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-wi...river.html

Uninstall the old driver, reboot, and install this one.

Then it should work.
(08-02-2011, 10:04 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Download this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-wi...river.html

Uninstall the old driver, reboot, and install this one.

Then it should work.
How do I uninstall the old driver and reboot?
Open installed programs list from control panel. I think it's called Programs & Features etc.
Choose anything with word nVidia and uninstall it.
Then restart computer.
(08-02-2011, 10:24 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Open installed programs list from control panel. I think it's called Programs & Features etc.
Choose anything with word nVidia and uninstall it.
Then restart computer.
Thank you. I really appreciate your help. :3 Heart
It worked?