Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Making a Cistern Column fall?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like the tree falling in Amensia map_11 study. Can I make a cistern column fall, or would I have to make or ask somebody to create a special column for that purpose?
You have to create an entity with physics from the static column. I'm sure you can find some kind of info from this forum for that.
Yeah as said above you'll need a physics enabled column, i'd suggest making a body at the foot of the column, attached by a joint to the main column, so it 'falls' sideways, before hitting the ground where you make particles and spawn a few rocks in it's place. just use dust to hide the bottom and top from view, as these will be the parts what will look a bit wierd when it falls, and maybe make it happen at a reasonable distance, so the player can't see the imperfections clearly Smile
(08-05-2011, 03:53 PM)DRedshot Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah as said above you'll need a physics enabled column, i'd suggest making a body at the foot of the column, attached by a joint to the main column, so it 'falls' sideways, before hitting the ground where you make particles and spawn a few rocks in it's place. just use dust to hide the bottom and top from view, as these will be the parts what will look a bit wierd when it falls, and maybe make it happen at a reasonable distance, so the player can't see the imperfections clearly Smile
I honestly have no clue to do the "physics enabled column, i'd suggest making a body at the foot of the column, attached by a joint to the main column". The joint makes sorta sense since I know how to do a bridge, but the physics thing... I have no idea where to start Sad

Edit: Just realized that static objects aren't easy to use, as in the other cistern models. They don't go active because their not considered a entitiy and theirs alot of other problems. Gonna skip the falling column and move to something different.

Ok, i know you just said you dont want to do it anymore, but i'll just let you know for future reference - any static object can be turned into an entity. click "file>import mesh" navigate to the Stone Pillar. Goto ModelEditor>Settings>User Defined Variables then choose what object type it will be from the dropdown
then give the mesh a body. Now you can just save this in a folder in the entities folder, along with the other files which can be found in Static Objects>CisternBase>Stone Pillar (or similar).

To make it physics you just create a body, and give it a mass > 0
Hope this helps Smile