Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: ep 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there could be any kind of coop mode in the second penumbra. or mabye if you've ever played cod 3 the parts were the Germans would pounce at you and you would have to push a keys to escape. i was always so sacred about what would be around the corner but there was hardly anything mabye add some more scary scenes?
If you were scared at every corner, I guess the game design worked Wink

A Coop mode would be nice, but I think it would hardly fit into the concept.
Penumbra is about a scientist (played by you) who slowly explores a mine - alone.
It wouldn't be easy to fit a second character in there without breaking the game
i disagree, i think maybe putting someone else in there and adding alot more scripted events and chases would let you and your friend wet the floor together Big Grin
The AI for that would be insanely complicated, likely impossible.
This is a single player game. Deal with it.

/Breaker
I agree, single player. Deal with it. Just not near as scary with a friend.
Actually there is a way to co-op. You and your friend take one VOIP program, (Skype or something else) start the game and play together telling each other what to do. I did this in the beginning of the game and I can tell you it wasn't as scary as it was when I played alone.
Somalion Wrote:Actually there is a way to co-op. You and your friend take one VOIP program, (Skype or something else) start the game and play together telling each other what to do. I did this in the beginning of the game and I can tell you it wasn't as scary as it was when I played alone.

oh well, thats kinda a given... still like you said, not as scary. It should be maximium scary!! I still say, no co-op.