Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Beautiful Atmospheric Game, a few glitches/breaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I finished the game recently and I fucking loved it. I still can't believe that a team the size of my family has created a game like this with a much higher degree of success than any 'professional' company would. I'd just like to point out a few things that I discovered.

First Glitch: Wall Rub/Secret World
After entering the Morgue early (more on that, it's probably known), I traveled down to the far room with the overturned shelf. I went and hopped on the shelf, and decided to hop on the piece of wood jutting out of the wall while sprinting forward. All of a sudden, I saw dead people. Wait, what the fuck? Did I just unlock some secret fucking easteregg bullshit? No, I simply rubbed through the wall and abused the clipping to push me out. I doubt this is truly useful but something to keep in mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msZ1Qir3bSk

Second Glitch: Skip Machine Crank/'Eastern Bridge' in Cistern
I talked about entering the Morgue early and I'll explain how it happened. I didn't know what to do. I climbed the broken-ass staircase to the Morgue. I jumped towards the little piece of brick that juts our from the wall ever so slightly and mashed the shit out of the jump button. I jumped ontop of that next piece of brick, and onto the platform with the door to the Morgue. Holy ass, did I just break the entire fucking game?! Not quite, but I managed to skip a fair chuck of gaming (time taken to walk all the way to the back of the room, lower the bridge, use the crank) and also pointlessly keep that crank in my inventory (which had me wondering what the shit it did anyways) as well as skipping a decent chunk of time in obtaining the vaccine.

Third Glitch: Piss off Grunts and Brutes
All you have to do it tear our a drawer or pick one up off the ground, and hold it in front of you. This creates a magical forcefield which... well I'm fucking with you, it just creates a minor programming error in which the monsters are apparently, entirely convinced in which you don't exist. As soon as the drawer is dropped you are vulnerable. Go figure Confused

Fourth Glitch: Skip entire Laboratory/Wine Cellar section
Okay, now this one is pretty damned big. As soon as you enter the Entrance Hall, turn to the left to the 'exit' of the castle. Grab one of the chairs, and march your arse up the staircase to the random ledge with 3 windows. Stand it up and jump on the top of the chair, and then jump and crouch into the window area. Grab the top of the chair, and drag it sideways up into the area, with the legs facing you. Sprint and jump on the the leg and mash Space and Control as much as you can until you pop through the roof. Now hop down to the edge of the wall below you, and line yourself up with the door to the refinery and slide down off the ceiling and hammer the LeftMouse to enter the refinery without setting foot in any other area.

Fifth Glitch: Barrel Wall Rub
This one is sickeningly simple but even more sickeningly random. Grab a barrel and rotate it on its side, push yourself up against a wall, and slide a barrel towards you as you sprint into the wall with your back. Randomly, you will pass through the wall.

Let me know if you're having any trouble reproducing any of these!
I once watched a speed-run exploiting most of these glitches, so I don't doubt their existence.
Besides these glitches, glad to hear you loved the game! You should try out Penumbra if you haven't already.
(08-06-2011, 02:33 AM)Frost Wrote: [ -> ]I once watched a speed-run exploiting most of these glitches, so I don't doubt their existence.
Besides these glitches, glad to hear you loved the game! You should try out Penumbra if you haven't already.

I'm literally just finished downloading it.
Can't tell if trolling or.....

These are all long-known glitches, and some of the ones described here are as old as computer gaming itself. I believe it's called 'clipping through textures' and people have been doing it since Doom...

Really not meaning to sound sour or sarcastic but... it just seems like someone read a few threads in this forum and decided to put them together as if he were the first...

Next you're going to tell us you could avoid capture at the Chancel by walking along the walls? heh...
Maybe you built a box tower to reach the room above the lantern too? >_<
(08-06-2011, 02:52 AM)Serena Wrote: [ -> ]Next you're going to tell us you could avoid capture at the Chancel by walking along the walls? heh...
Maybe you built a box tower to reach the room above the lantern too? >_<
True... you didn't need to be a cunt about it but alright. I've been around video games for a while and just thought I'd share my findings, but if you guys are just gonna be assholes I'll just leave, whatever
(08-06-2011, 02:49 AM)XboxMySocks Wrote: [ -> ]I'm literally just finished downloading it.
Awesome! I also just remembered that there's the Justine DLC for Amnesia you could try too. I found both Penumbra and Justine more challenging than Amnesia:TTD since there are more puzzles, just so you know. Smile
(08-06-2011, 03:56 AM)Frost Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2011, 02:49 AM)XboxMySocks Wrote: [ -> ]I'm literally just finished downloading it.
Awesome! I also just remembered that there's the Justine DLC for Amnesia you could try too. I found both Penumbra and Justine more challenging than Amnesia:TTD since there are more puzzles, just so you know. Smile

To be quite honest penumbra had me shitting myself until I realized I could smack the living fuck out of the zombie
(08-06-2011, 01:25 AM)XboxMySocks Wrote: [ -> ]All you have to do it tear our a drawer or pick one up off the ground, and hold it in front of you. This creates a magical forcefield which... well I'm fucking with you, it just creates a minor programming error in which the monsters are apparently, entirely convinced in which you don't exist.

The Grunt and Brute are such mind-bogglingly stupid creatures that they are convinced that if you cannot see it, it cannot see you. And that is why it is always vitally important to keep a towel drawer with you.
(08-07-2011, 07:15 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2011, 01:25 AM)XboxMySocks Wrote: [ -> ]All you have to do it tear our a drawer or pick one up off the ground, and hold it in front of you. This creates a magical forcefield which... well I'm fucking with you, it just creates a minor programming error in which the monsters are apparently, entirely convinced in which you don't exist.

The Grunt and Brute are such mind-bogglingly stupid creatures that they are convinced that if you cannot see it, it cannot see you. And that is why it is always vitally important to keep a towel drawer with you.

Yeah, I've always wondered, does staring at the zombie actually do anything to you? Or is it just suggested
(08-08-2011, 01:40 AM)XboxMySocks Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2011, 07:15 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, I've always wondered, does staring at the zombie actually do anything to you? Or is it just suggested

You lose sanity a lot faster and it seems to be able to detect you easier if you are looking at it.
Pages: 1 2