Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: Dark Room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(07-20-2012, 10:19 PM)AfroAmerican Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2012, 06:45 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2012, 05:22 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2012, 03:11 AM)AfroAmerican Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I have a mac and i bought the game on steam.But when i installed The Dark Room the map is there but there wasnt any troll monster and the Nyan cat room doesnt do anything when i put the tinderbox in the projecter can some one help please?
Are you serious? How many times do we have to say it?....

Install Justine.
No, he said the projector showed up so that means he has Justine. To get it to work right you have to go into the main Dark Room folder and move each folder within it to the folder in the redist folder with the same name (like move "darkroom/entities" to "redist/entities") hope that made sense...

I forgot to mention that I have justine i just need help installing the actual mod
My dear sir... this was already answered countless times to other people on this forum, so stop asking and search for it in the previous pages!

Besides.... the download of Dark Room included a "read me" so if I were you I would start reading more often before writing stupid questions!
(08-06-2011, 11:39 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]There is Zip (for all) version now out Wink go play it please Big Grin!
Where is the link then?
(07-23-2012, 04:24 PM)soufitron Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the link then?
Download it off of its Moddb page.
(07-23-2012, 04:24 PM)soufitron Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2011, 11:39 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]There is Zip (for all) version now out Wink go play it please Big Grin!
Where is the link then?
I dunno... maybe in the Downloads?

Is it me or the questions are becoming even stupider?
(07-23-2012, 06:46 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]
Where is the link then?

Oh srry, I mean: is there a download for desura Huh That's the only way I can download it
(07-23-2012, 07:04 PM)soufitron Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2012, 06:46 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]
Where is the link then?

Oh srry, I mean: is there a download for desura Huh That's the only way I can download it
facepalm*
Actually Danny, Moddb's default download mirror, which is Gamefront, sometimes doesn't work for people at all. In fact, I'm one of them. I think you should probably upload a copy of the mod to Mediafire for easier access.

Also, on the other hand, I think you should really act more professionally when responding to questions. It is the obligation of the mod developer to calmly address the issues any user may potentially have, or at least point them in the general direction of where the answer can be found. I don't care how stupid the question is, as long as the user is not being unreasonable, you, when in the role of the mod's developer, have no right to dismiss them, or call them stupid.
(07-23-2012, 09:19 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]Actually Danny, Moddb's default download mirror, which is Gamefront, sometimes doesn't work for people at all. In fact, I'm one of them. I think you should probably upload a copy of the mod to Mediafire for easier access.

Also, on the other hand, I think you should really act more professionally when responding to questions. It is the obligation of the mod developer to calmly address the issues any user may potentially have, or at least point them in the general direction of where the answer can be found. I don't care how stupid the question is, as long as the user is not being unreasonable, you, when in the role of the mod's developer, have no right to dismiss them, or call them stupid.
thats completely true... IF i was a game developer where my money is on people playing my game... but thats not the case. this is a mod! I have already told people how to solve the issue and instead of looking for an answer they simply point out their issue over and over and over and OVER again! when it as either already been responded and can very much seek out for their solution or it is on the damn front page in capital letters! my patience is over!

note: But I admit I responded wrongly to the other guy. I didn't not fully understood his issue until you explained it.
(07-23-2012, 10:54 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]I have already told people how to solve the issue and instead of looking for an answer they simply point out their issue over and over and over and OVER again! when it as either already been responded and can very much seek out for their solution or it is on the damn front page in capital letters! my patience is over!
True, but still you don't need to shout at them. Just tell them simply "Read the description" without any emotional backlash in it. Also, acting nicely as a mod developer will leave better impressions of yourself in the minds of your users for the future.
(07-23-2012, 10:54 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2012, 09:19 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]Actually Danny, Moddb's default download mirror, which is Gamefront, sometimes doesn't work for people at all. In fact, I'm one of them. I think you should probably upload a copy of the mod to Mediafire for easier access.

thats completely true... IF i was a game developer where my money is on people playing my game... but thats not the case. this is a mod! I have already told people how to solve the issue and instead of looking for an answer they simply point out their issue over and over and over and OVER again! when it as either already been responded and can very much seek out for their solution or it is on the damn front page in capital letters! my patience is over!

note: But I admit I responded wrongly to the other guy. I didn't not fully understood his issue until you explained it.
Nah, it was nothing Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42