Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Ropes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone messed around with ropes at all? I am working on making a place where the player can use a rope, which actually turned out pretty well. Was just wondering if anyone knew

A.) If there is a way to change the sound of the footsteps from a ladder area without the mod being a total conversion.

B.) If anyone knew how to use RopeAreas to make the rope visible.

Well figured out how to set the rope to visible, but does anyone know if they can be inactive and set to active once the player uses an item. I am using a SetEntityActive function, but ropes seem to be a bit different, as in they don't disappear even when inactive.
I tried this in the past too, there doesn't seem to be anyway of doing it :V

If you're trying to, say, cut a rope, all I can think of is putting two ropes together to act like one, set them to connect, and then break the connection.
Trying to make it so you can use a rope item, then use it to climb up. Doesn't seem possible with SetEntityActive, but I have another idea, I'll let you guys know if it works