Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Need help with adding mementos/quests.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so here's my script:

Code:
.hps
////////////////////////////
// Run when entering map
void OnEnter()
{
        PlayMusic("amb_safe.ogg", true, 0.5, 5, 0, true);
        AddUseItemCallback("", "crowbar", "closet", "KeyOnDoor1", true);
        AddUseItemCallback("", "HallKey", "hall", "KeyOnDoor2", true);
        AddUseItemCallback("", "artroomkey", "artroom", "KeyOnDoor3", true);
        AddUseItemCallback("", "pathwaytolabkey", "pathtolab", "KeyOnDoor4", true);
        SetLevelDoorLockedText("pathtolab", "Doors", "Door_pathtolab_Name");
        AddQuest("readnote","readnote");
        CompleteQuest("readnotecomplete", "readnotecomplete");
}

.lang
        <Entry Name="Quest_readnote_Text">Read the note next to your bed.</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Quest_readnotecomplete_Text">Read the note next to your bed.</Entry>

I got the AddQuest to work (it shows up in my game that i received a memento. However, when i try to delete that memento, it doesnt. Btw i added .hps and .lang just to clarify that its those files, its not in my script.

Any help? Please and thank you.
Try changing

to

CompleteQuest("readnote", "readnote");

That is what deletes it, I'm pretty sure.
(08-09-2011, 06:21 AM)Kurton Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing

to

That is what deletes it, I'm pretty sure.

Hm, it does delete it, but it instantly deletes it. Like it doesnt even tell me what the quest was...
Oh! Derp, I didn't notice; You have the AddQuest and CompleteQuest in the same function, of course it will delete once it is added. Move the CompleteQuest to a function called when the objective is actually completed, then.
(08-09-2011, 06:29 AM)Kurton Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Derp, I didn't notice; You have the AddQuest and CompleteQuest in the same function, of course it will delete once it is added. Move the CompleteQuest to a function called when the objective is actually completed, then.

I understand you..but um...im a noob at scripting (pretty much the quests/mementos part got me stuck) so i would love if you could explain a example?

EDIT:
Code:
void OnEnter()
{
        PlayMusic("amb_safe.ogg", true, 0.5, 5, 0, true);
        AddUseItemCallback("", "crowbar", "closet", "KeyOnDoor1", true);
        AddUseItemCallback("", "HallKey", "hall", "KeyOnDoor2", true);
        AddUseItemCallback("", "artroomkey", "artroom", "KeyOnDoor3", true);
        AddUseItemCallback("", "pathwaytolabkey", "pathtolab", "KeyOnDoor4", true);
        SetLevelDoorLockedText("pathtolab", "Doors", "Door_pathtolab_Name");
        AddQuest("readnote", "readnote");
}

void
{
}

Like this? If so, what do i fill the "void (blank)" with?

EDIT2:Never mind! I finally figured it out! Big Grin it took me a whole lot of time just to figure out what i was doing wrong! Tongue still, thanks for your help man, you cleared something out that i was confused with Smile