Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: amnesia problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, i have just recently bought a disc copy of amnesia a few weeks ago anticipating a good title to play once i get my new laptop. my laptop (dell insperon w/ intel MAG) just got here yesterday and i installed amnesia. all menus, journals, mementos, and even sound and subtitles work, but the actual game is just a black screen with a faint white dot. is frictinal working on a patch to support intel? if not can anyone help me with fixing this problem?
Intel cards are not supported because they have a very old OpenGL version. The game needs OpenGL 2.1 to be able to run. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder. I will then be able to tell you whether you can run the game.
(08-09-2011, 06:41 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Intel cards are not supported because they have a very old OpenGL version. The game needs OpenGL 2.1 to be able to run. Attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder. I will then be able to tell you whether you can run the game.

imnot sure how to do so (i am sort of new to pc gaming)
you don't have to know anything special. Go to the folder Documents\Amnesia\Main and find the file HPL.log. Then attach it to your new reply, or copy-paste its contents or upload it at megaupload.com for example.