Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO - Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont know the cause of this problem so i have come here to see what you guys know. i have looked all over youtube for a solution but there is always a solution for a different problem at hand.

Please help guys. I will hand you the information needed to fix this.
(08-13-2011, 01:42 PM)Kieran118 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know the cause of this problem so i have come here to see what you guys know. i have looked all over youtube for a solution but there is always a solution for a different problem at hand.

Please help guys. I will hand you the information needed to fix this.

Let me just say that i have had this game for about 2 months now and the 1st month and a half i have been able to play this game but it has suddenly been crashing at the 1st loading screen...
attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder. What operating system do you have and what graphics card?
(08-13-2011, 03:18 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder. What operating system do you have and what graphics card?

I am using Windows vista 32, Ati 2600 pro with recently updated drivers
Did you change anything in your computer? Maybe new graphics card drivers, changed some files of the game? What did you do after the last time it worked?
i did update the driver in my graphics card. but it worked a few times after that then stopped a couple of days later. i haven't touched the files belonging to the game in case something like this would've happened.

I installed ManyCam Virtual Webcam for a screen recorder so i could use it to send images across the Skype network. Dont know if that would have had any effect on the game but we can rule that out.

BTW can i just say thank you for listening to me. Not a lot of people have done so. Have you seen any other users with the same crash report as me?
to be honest no. Usually these exceptions are graphics related. Try installing the previous driver that you had, this might make it work again.
I don't suppose you have the patience to actually tell me how this is done? :/
Ok, i did a roll_back with my graphics card and i can now HEAR sound from the game but i cant see anything and i get the same error message.
Reinstall the game. Then, go to Documents and rename the folder Amnesia to Amnesia-OLD. Try to run the game. Do not delete the folder Amnesia, just rename it Amnesia-OLD as it contains your save games and progress.
atioglxx.dll

That file seems to be the main offender according to the Exception reason in that Blackbox crash report. Do you know anything about this file. Can i delete it or something?
Ah! The atioglxx.dll module is the ATI OpenGL driver.
Yes, you need to reinstall the previous driver that you had. Actually, make sure you have this installed:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...ta-32.aspx
Pages: 1 2