Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Atlantia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(08-14-2011, 09:24 PM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I got an urge to help you make the script where the flashlight power slowly recharges when it's not being used. Tongue

An example for using a lantern that recharges when not in use (I don't know the differences between the lantern and flashlight scripting-wise Tongue ) :

I hope I did this right and that you'll be able to use this correctly. Smile

Awesome, I'll give it a shot and see what happens! It looks like it should work.
Added an Update to main post. Added a couple screenshots, and underwater gameplay is working. Smile
Love the new screens, I'm glad to hear that the underwater gameplay is working well, good luck with polishing it up Big Grin
Beautiful menu screen. By the way, I saw Kyle's code for the recharging lantern. There's already script functionality to execute a function when the lantern is turned on or off.

SetLanternLitCallback(string& asCallback);

Callback: CallbackFunc(bool Lit) {}

Use a simple if statement to start the loop subroutine or break the loop. Also, I'm not sure if the callback is removed. If it is you'll have to re-add the callback.
(08-15-2011, 09:24 AM)palistov Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful menu screen. By the way, I saw Kyle's code for the recharging lantern. There's already script functionality to execute a function when the lantern is turned on or off.

SetLanternLitCallback(string& asCallback);

Callback: CallbackFunc(bool Lit) {}

Use a simple if statement to start the loop subroutine or break the loop. Also, I'm not sure if the callback is removed. If it is you'll have to re-add the callback.

Ah, thanks. Never knew that. Tongue

But it's not like I needed the lantern to regenerate oil, it just seems too weird. Smile
Just a quick question: How did you modify the font where it says "Atlantia"? I might just be blatantly overlooking it, but I haven't managed to do it with Harvest.
(08-19-2011, 04:52 AM)Phoroneus Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question: How did you modify the font where it says "Atlantia"? I might just be blatantly overlooking it, but I haven't managed to do it with Harvest.

Didn't see your post, sorry it took so long to respond.
You have to create your own logo ( I did one using Gimp) and save it as a .tga file. Then in your menu.cfg file, you have to add this text, under where you pick the music.

Also, it has to be a full conversion to work.

Mine looks like this.

Music = "abandoned.ogg"
MenuLogo = "graphics_atlantia_menu/atlantia_menu_logo.tga"

Thanks!

Yes, I figured it'd need to be a full conversion (Harvest is one) but didn't know what needed to be changed. Many thanks!

And if you need any more models, let me know. I'd be happy to help out (I can't rig and animate them yet, however - still figuring that out for Harvest as well).
This looks epic man! I already want to play it :p You planning to release a demo whenever your ready?
I probably won't release a demo, as I don't want to take away from the full mod once it's released. However, I am thinking about releasing a small prologue once development is further along.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7