Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Problem with update (JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I have a problem with update Amnesia 1.2
I have polish version of Amnesia. I bought it in shop. I installed it some months ago and I didn't need serial number. (and I don't have serial number).

Ok I finished game (I love it). Today, I saw the mod Through the Portal and downloaded it. It needs the latest version of Amnesia. I downloaded it from FrictionalGames. (official page). Ok I start game and : I need serial number..... But how can I find the serial number? I don't have it in my box. And I don't need the serial number to install game.

In polish version there isn't any serial number? Help me please.

And sorry for my bad English.
This patch is for the FG store version of the game. You need to download the appropriate patch from the store where you bought the game. I'm not so sure though, Jens knows more about that.
I don't have any patch at that store... Eh, so I can't update my Amnesia right? Without this serial number.
Well, user Jens will be able to assist you with that. I changed the title and hope that he will notice it.
Simply, if I bought the game in a shop, I would like to also have the opportunity to update my game. I paid for it too just like those who bought it in the FG store and Steam Store. But only they can update the game.

So, as plutomaniac wrote. Please take a look at this Jens.
You have to check with the publisher of the boxed version for a link to a patch for their release. We send out the patch files to publishers so that they can create patches for their specific releases.