Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Modelling in Cinema 4D?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there guys!

Is it possible to modell things in C4D and export them in the LevelEditor? Or can you just use Maya for that?
Which fileformat is used for all the Modells?

greets
.dae is used for models, Blender 2.49 and Maya <2012 are able to export them.
Currently, only Maya with OpenCollada plugin can export the animations.
Ok, thanks for the information.
Blender 2.5 also can export dae, the 3 times better blender that is.
(08-16-2011, 03:22 PM)Hermoor Wrote: [ -> ]Blender 2.5 also can export dae

Is it usable in HPL2?
That I don't know, the .dae files in the monster thread were exported from Blender 2.5.
As far as I know, HPL2 can only use files exported by Maya with OpenCollada plugin and Blender 2.49
Blender .dae plugin sucks and will get you in trouble in different situations. My advice, use Maya. I see no reason to use Cinema 4D(which I personally don't like at all).
(08-16-2011, 05:19 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]Blender .dae plugin sucks and will get you in trouble in different situations.

Chances are the problems are caused due to ignorance, not lack of support from the 3d programs. In Blender if you can manage to avoid using square shapes and convert quads into triangles, then you should be fine with v2.5.
Jeez, after I started using shareyouraim everyone uses it(second website in which this happens) Tongue.

The problem is not blender, but the plugin. It doesn't support certain things, such as animations(via armature ||).
Pages: 1 2