Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Diaries are not opening?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have 2 voiced diaries currently in my mod, but neither of them want to open directly and start the voice. Instead, I only can manually read my diaries by pressing "N" and then Diaries.

How can I fix this problem? I want it to be the same as the game itself. You click on a diary, its opens and you hear the voice speaking.

For some reason it will not work for me.

Please help me if you can.

ZyLogicX
Maybe its possible that the game doesn't find the audio file, hence, it thinks there isn't a audio file. And is your audio files .ogg?
(08-16-2011, 08:29 PM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe its possible that the game doesn't find the audio file, hence, it thinks there isn't a audio file. And is your audio files .ogg?

It's an .ogg file and I was working before.... but now when I open it... its just doesnt open ad start the voice... its pretty annoying

I think they have to be placed in a specific directory: lang/eng/voices/diaries
(08-17-2011, 03:54 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I think they have to be placed in a specific directory: lang/eng/voices/diaries

Ive had problems with this too... I have my .ogg in the right folder, but when I go to add it to the Diary the note doesn't come up on the screen and the voice does not play...
I'm having a diary problem too. Only mine doesn't have voice, but it does the same thing yours does. When I click the diary, instead of opening it immediately, it adds to the journal and I have to hit N to open it. SO maybe it isn't an audio problem? Has anyone solved this one since?