Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Forcing a new page in a note
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i know there is [br] that can be used in the .lang file to do this, but is there one to force the game to have everything following it shown on the next page of the note? Or am i stuck having to use multiple [br] tags for that task?

Never mind, found it! Should have known: [new_page]
I'm wondering if this is also usable in a diary...
Usually diary's should not be incredibly long.
If you looked in Amnesia's Journal folder, you would've seen it is in fact [br][new_page][br] : D glad you figured it out though.
Makes me wonder what else besides [br] and [new_page] there is.
(08-21-2011, 09:58 PM)MegaScience Wrote: [ -> ]Makes me wonder what else besides [br] and [new_page] there is.

IIRC, there's also [voice file.ogg] and something to do with the $ symbol.
(08-21-2011, 10:19 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, there's also [voice file.ogg] and something to do with the $ symbol.

What would that be, if you can find it? :o
(08-22-2011, 01:30 AM)MegaScience Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2011, 10:19 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, there's also [voice file.ogg] and something to do with the $ symbol.

What would that be, if you can find it? :o

The $?

That's the placement for a key on the keyboard. Say if you had "Press $ButAttack to attack butt" and let's say "ButAttack" was the Y key. It would display:

"Press Y to attack butt"

P.S - $ButAttack is right click by default, I didn't make it up :p
(08-22-2011, 02:10 AM)Juby Wrote: [ -> ]The $?

That's the placement for a key on the keyboard. Say if you had "Press $ButAttack to attack butt" and let's say "ButAttack" was the Y key. It would display:

"Press Y to attack butt"

P.S - $ButAttack is right click by default, I didn't make it up :p

Ah, we need a full list of these, huh? Or would opening a config file show the names just as well? Smile

I believe there are only four commands: $, [br], [br][new_page][br], and [voice file.ogg]

base_english.lang (redist/)config and english.lang (redist/config/lang_main) are good reference files for those commands.
Pages: 1 2