Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Blog: "GDC Europe Sum-up"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got back from GDC Europe, so wrote a little summary of the trip and the talk I gave.

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2011...um-up.html

Excellent; now that you're used to it, you can prepare for many more speeches. Wink
Hah, it's to be expected that giving a speech like that will make you nervous. A few years ago I was picked to give a speech to my school on diversity, and I really was regretting the decision to accept that speech the night before I gave it. Then I gave it, and felt a lot better for braving it afterwards. Big Grin
Most probably we won't have a video, right? I think GDC only shows videos to members. Maybe you guys attending filmed something. I'm interested in some things that you talked about and so a video or at least text would be helpful. Smile
(08-19-2011, 08:14 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Most probably we won't have a video, right? I think GDC only shows videos to members. Maybe you guys attending filmed something. I'm interested in some things that you talked about and so a video or at least text would be helpful. Smile
Can hope GDC puts it up as a free clip!
We'll see. If they do please post a link here because most I will forget to check for videos there. Tongue
While we wait: There is a bunch of free videos in the GDC Vault, among them a postmortem of that great gem of the Amiga era called Another World.
Really nice and inspiring presentation.

>>> Initiate teleportation sequence.
(try refreshing if the player gets messed up...)

There's also a video on The Humble Indie Bundle, but I didn't see it yet.

Anyway, there's a lot of stuff, go check it out.

Couldn't find Thomas in there (yet), but if someone manages to do so... well, you know what to do.
(08-20-2011, 09:51 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]We'll see. If they do please post a link here because most I will forget to check for videos there. Tongue

http://events.digitallyspeaking.com/gdc/...766078310c

It was a good watch for me. Although my listening skills are not great, I clearly understand every word of Thomas.
oh great!!! I'm going to watch that now! Smile Thx Tan...

EDIT: It was great. I loved the multitasking thing (the cat video) and also the crazy reaction one. I hadn't watched this video before. I also noticed lots of references from older blogspots since I recently started reading some story-related ones. Great work, way to go Thomas! Smile
Much appreciated, watching it now. Smile

EDIT: Woops, spelling mistake in MultiTasking. :>
It's very enjoyable and interesting to watch though.

Also, unrelated, it's pretty funny how the host pops in the view at the end 'Any other questions?' Big Grin