Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Bad normal errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thank you Tan. I hope this does the trick. I have a bus converted that generates like...1000 bad normals at HPL.log and it drives me crazy. Also Yasar's shelf. I will do my testing on this one since it is small and easy to configure.
It works, unit-metric-degree-scaling should be 1 too. I managed to overcome most of the errors now.
good, I will test it when I have some time and report here if I still cannot solve these things.
(08-26-2011, 09:45 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Edit mod (tab)
Object is chosen (a)
Press W -> Remove Doubles
Choose Properties panel
Units -> Metric -> Degrees
Press N and in the new window, Normal Size to 1.000

Export it. It should do, however I'm not sure, I might have skipped one step. You might need to set scaling to 1.000 under Metric Degrees too.

I didn't do the degrees thing because I could not find it but after I do the rest the model is invisible in-game. This doesn't work for some reason.
Might be due to texture problem. I got a little experienced, not to extend that I can model myself, but I can now overcome some texture problems too.

Only thing I couldn't solve is autopsy table that gives bad normal errors, and when I import it to Blender model is not visible.

Oh, and after choosing metric, degrees is right under it.
I've had problems with models not showing up too. AFAIK it's because it's an older OpenCollada version, but I'm not too sure.
Autopsy table model in question is old too, it's from Black Plague Big Grin
I am actually trying to fix Yasar's shelf Tan that was probably made with Blender 2.49 but I have no idea. If I change these, it completely dispersals in-game. It it there because I cannot walk through it but I can not also see it. Strange things...
You probably have broke the textures Smile

Edit: send that shelf to me via e-mail, I will see what I can do.
(08-30-2011, 02:11 PM)yasar11732 Wrote: [ -> ]You probably have broke the textures Smile

Edit: send that shelf to me via e-mail, I will see what I can do.

Yes, maybe I screwed up something at the textures or even the texture file because I lost it some time ago and replaced it.

I do not know your e-mail so I sent you a pm with the link.
Pages: 1 2 3 4