Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: 2007-05 Thursday 17th, More reviews and a little notice.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Six new reviews to tell you about this week, keep your babelfish ready!

During the last couple of weeks progress has been hectic with the Linux version of Penumbra: Overture, this week we will be able to release the final demo! And next week we will release...

Play tm logo "Where Penumbra really wins through however is in its storytelling and puzzle solving. I would like to have seen a lot more of this as it's the vagueness and lack of information that truly keeps you gripped to the plot throughout; as you share in the main protagonist's complete bewilderment. I also found the tasks to be very entertaining as they provide a bit more of a brain workout than other recent adventure games have in the past, and at least it's all logical too." -Play.tm

SVT logo A Swedish review from TV can be seen by visiting SVT.se.

Eurogamer logo A German review at Eurogamer.de.

Gamepark logo A Czech review at Gamepark.cz.

Doupe logo One more Czech review at Doupe.cz.

Sector.sk logo A Slovakian review at Sector.sk.

Overture, this week we will be able to release the final demo! And next week we will release...

o_o I detect episode 2 pictures, or news on it.
How about the patch, guys!? Unless I missed something, I don't think I have heard any news about it whatsoever...

Episode 2 would be nice, but so would some improvements to Episode 1. Smile
TheCollective15 Wrote:How about the patch, guys!? Unless I missed something, I don't think I have heard any news about it whatsoever...

Episode 2 would be nice, but so would some improvements to Episode 1. Smile

I would rather have a new game than a patch, than again that's just me.
Well, I fully understand why you would want a new game over a fresh patch, but I would perfer this 'patch' of sorts over Episode 2 (for now) for the primary reason that I want to get my 20 US dollars out of Episode 1. I only got around 6 hours of gameplay out of it, so far, and am going to replay the entire thing on hard once the patch comes...Smile

Of course, a preview video for Episode 2 would be nice, but I would really like to see Episode 1 come closer to perfection with a patch.

[EDIT] Ah, but again, they are working on a Linux/Mac demo for Episode 1...that should take priority over the patch and Episode 2, I think...you should spread the word for your game (which you seem to be doing quite well, already), and be sure to show that you have the interest necessary for an 'indie' group to take hold of a legion of fans, whether or not they use XP or Vista or Linux or OS X. Wink