Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Metal thread \m/
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: So... who listens to death/black/trash/viking/etc. metal

I agree that some sounds on computers do sound beautiful such as 9pm (Till I come), that sound is awesome... Or Children by Robert Miles.

Metal and it's subgenres though contain a lot more emotion at times and does require a lot more individual skill. I'm not saying that it's easy to create music using a computer though.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

Quote:"This is shittest music.
It's not really music, its horrible crash."

"Punk, Metal, Rock, Viking and all that crap is the most waste what you can find."

"Metal music isn't beautyful at all, it's crashing and shouting"
... I believe Googolplex's opinion became clear to everyone in his first post already. Dodgy Why all this hate? Has some metalhead broken your Playstation or something? I don't think there's need to remind metal fans about how you hate it on every page. There isn't "good" or "bad" music in general, there's just different listeners. How you hear it is purely about your personal taste.

Here's some of my all time favourites of this horrible crap and waste where the band is just crashing and shouting and what isn't beautiful at all.

Sonata Arctica - The Last Amazing Grays
Nightwish - I Want My Tears Back
Within Temptation - Forsaken
Shape of Despair - Night's Dew
Rhapsody - Knightrider of Doom
Therion - The Rise of Sodom and Gomorra
Sirenia - Lethargica
Stratovarius - Elements
Bal-Sagoth - Black Dragons Soar Above the Mountain of Shadows

~
12-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I was going to ask that are you from Finland based on your choice of bands, but then I looked at your profile. [Image: tongue.gif]

Anyways, I agree with Carrna based on the fact that I do listen pretty much all the music there is. There are some bands / songs I dislike for various reason, or just because I don't happen to like it, but it doesn't mean that I don't like that particular genre in general.
Also, it doesn't give me the right to go on and tell others that their taste of music is full of crap.

12-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Website Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

(12-10-2011, 10:49 PM)Carrna Wrote: There isn't "good" or "bad" music in general, there's just different listeners. How you hear it is purely about your personal taste.
I fully agree with you
(12-10-2011, 11:13 PM)Scraper Wrote: Also, it doesn't give me the right to go on and tell others that their taste of music is full of crap.

Agreed with you too

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011, 01:33 PM by Unearthlybrutal.)
12-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(12-10-2011, 08:16 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: You need skills for example to play guitar (one of my hobbies), drums, bass, death growling, etc... but making sounds with computer... difficult?Big Grin

What? Making music with guitar is more easy than make a track on a computer.
Have you some ideas how difficult it is making music on a computer?

(12-10-2011, 08:39 PM)Lucke Wrote: Metal and it's subgenres though contain a lot more emotion at times and does require a lot more individual skill. I'm not saying that it's easy to create music using a computer though.

This is a joke. Metal is the last music what is emotional and the last music that needs skills.
I can kinda drumm on the instruments and shouting around, then it's metal.
It's the opposite of emotions.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011, 01:57 PM by Googolplex.)
12-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

(12-11-2011, 01:54 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(12-10-2011, 08:16 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: You need skills for example to play guitar (one of my hobbies), drums, bass, death growling, etc... but making sounds with computer... difficult?Big Grin

What? Making music with guitar is more easy than make a track on a computer.
Have you some ideas how difficult it is making music on a computer?

(12-10-2011, 08:39 PM)Lucke Wrote: Metal and it's subgenres though contain a lot more emotion at times and does require a lot more individual skill. I'm not saying that it's easy to create music using a computer though.

This is a joke. Metal is the last music what is emotional and the last music that needs skills.
I can kinda drumm on the instruments and shouting around, then it's metal.
It's the opposite of emotions.
"contol C... control V... control C... control V... copy...paste...copy...paste"Big Grin

You say that metal doesn't need skills.... Take the guitar to your BEAUTIFUL hand and play for example Amon Amarth's The pursuit of Vikings. I can play the whole song, learning took about 2 months. Or try to play interval solos of Norther's song Nothing. Have you ever played guitar. Metal songs are a bit of more difficult than songs like "Smoke On The Water".

Here is challenge for you if you find playing guitar so easy:

Who plays guitar better, you or I.

Song is:

Amon Amarth's

Tattered Banners And Bloody Flags.
OR
The Pursuit Of Vikings
OR
Varyags Of Miklagard
OR
Under The Northern Star
OR
Runes To My Memory

... you decide

Do you accept this challenge?

Full-conversion mod
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011, 04:00 PM by Unearthlybrutal.)
12-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Listen to the songs Don't Go/Crucify Me/Blessed With a Curse by Bring Me the Horizon and tell me if there's no emotion in any of those.

Also, My Heroine by Silverstein, Waking the Demon by Bullet for my Valentine....

As difficult as you may find heavy metal and beyond heavy metal to listen to, there is still some form of emotion present.

12-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(12-11-2011, 02:18 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: "contol C... control V... control C... control V... copy...paste...copy...paste"Big Grin

You say that metal doesn't need skills.... Take the guitar to your BEAUTIFUL hand and play for example Amon Amarth's The pursuit of Vikings. I can play the whole song, learning took about 2 months. Or try to play interval solos of Norther's song Nothing. Have you ever played guitar. Metal songs are a bit of more difficult than songs like "Smoke On The Water".
Whatever means you use to produce music, it all boils down to how you write the music. Not how you play it or how hard it is to copy. Most professional musicians know their music theory and aren't limited by any technical playing skills. Yes, most electronic composers can play instruments.

Computer is just another tool just like guitar that helps to create music (a lot).

And sure copying some weird ass solos is hard, but what the fuck has that to do with what you listen? You don't listen to music for "how hard the song is to play". With enough time, anyone can train to play a ready made song.

Try composing a catchy pop song with a computer. Its quite different from coming up with riffs on guitar.

Quote:Also, My Heroine by Silverstein, Waking the Demon by Bullet for my Valentine....
I have never heard those songs and still when I listen to these I feel like I have heard them a million times. That if something is bad music!

Now shall the flaming continue!

12-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

..... I'm speechless.

12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

I understand that if somebody plays synthesizer, because it's quite like playing piano. But I don't understand when somebody makes voices with computer.

It's just like you would listen to 8-bit mario theme song... Tongue
( again "non-good" joke :/ )

When you can do sounds with synthesizer, why to do the same sound with computer?
Easier... I think that it's the reason for that.

I'm not saying that "music" made with computer is "shittest music" or "horrible crash",
as Googolplex said about metal. But I just can't understand it.

It's not playing when you make song with computer, it's editing.
... or can you claim against me?

It would be playing when you plug the synthesizer to computer and record that what you play.

Full-conversion mod
12-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Website Find