Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Total Conversion: "Sciophobia" (Lost and Cancelled)
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
RE: Total Conversion: "Sciophobia" (Need Candle-Holder Suggestions! - Check last post)

oh well then I do not mind but I like the site some what Smile because it has a lot of the mods in one place

01-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Total Conversion: "Sciophobia" (Need Candle-Holder Suggestions! - Check last post)

(01-13-2012, 04:21 AM)darkely Wrote: oh well then I do not mind but I like the site some what Smile because it has a lot of the mods in one place
I know, I WILL be putting it on ModDB, as it will get more noticed. I don't care much about waiting time. It's just setting things up on there is a royal pain O.e
01-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(01-13-2012, 12:15 AM)kman Wrote: My main problem with Moddb is everything takes SOOOO LONG. First you gotta set up your mod's page, and since they have an insane ammount of rules about picture size and how many words you use, that can take a while. Then actually sumbitting anything takes 2-4 days. Other than that though, I like it.
For me it has never taken longer then 24 hours ;P. I guess I am wip Tongue. Usually it is done in 12 hours, especially when I submite evening and wake up in the morning xD...

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
01-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Total Conversion: "Sciophobia"

This look FANTASTIC!!!!! Why do people waste their time on cheap jumpscares and countless objects by the name "arabic_statue_gold" when you could create this instead?

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
01-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(01-16-2012, 07:38 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: This look FANTASTIC!!!!! Why do people waste their time on cheap jumpscares and countless objects by the name "arabic_statue_gold" when you could create this instead?
Haha, Thanks! You have no idea how much I've spent wasted on this game, perfecting little details (for example... I spent almost more than an hour last night mapping the theater's audience set up. The positions and matieral offsets to the THOUSANDTH of a decimal so no seams were spotted. Some couldn't be helped, but it's as close as it will get... This all took place with maybe 10 primitives...) I have to stop being such a perfectionist XD Also took out railings for the staircases for chair placement and need to finish my damn angel... I want to make the enemies! O.e

/Endrant

Thanks =] I have so much going for this, I can't wait. Once the angel is out, I will begin a teaser trailer.
01-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(01-16-2012, 07:45 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(01-16-2012, 07:38 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: This look FANTASTIC!!!!! Why do people waste their time on cheap jumpscares and countless objects by the name "arabic_statue_gold" when you could create this instead?

Haha, Thanks! You have no idea how much I've spent wasted on this game, perfecting little details (for example... I spent almost more than an hour last night mapping the theater's audience set up. The positions and matieral offsets to the THOUSANDTH of a decimal so no seams were spotted. Some couldn't be helped, but it's as close as it will get... This all took place with maybe 10 primitives...) I have to stop being such a perfectionist XD Also took out railings for the staircases for chair placement and need to finish my damn angel... I want to make the enemies! O.e

/Endrant

Thanks =] I have so much going for this, I can't wait. Once the angel is out, I will begin a teaser trailer.

May the HPL2 engine be with you. Smile

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
01-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(01-14-2012, 12:14 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(01-13-2012, 04:21 AM)darkely Wrote: oh well then I do not mind but I like the site some what Smile because it has a lot of the mods in one place
I know, I WILL be putting it on ModDB, as it will get more noticed. I don't care much about waiting time. It's just setting things up on there is a royal pain O.e
Ya I hear that they are strict about posting it :/ however if someone were to upload a virus or something it would be bad for them and others.

I wanted to ask in you're game will there be anything like the "Fountain of Youth" from the original game? because I really like the atmosphere in that part especially with the lighting and it made reminded me how big the castle really is - will you're map (or castle of sorts) be huge because I like to explore a lot too. By the way who's body is that?! I forget :p.

Fountain of Youth for those who needed a refresher...

[Image: Fountain-of-Youth-e1283910824521.jpg]

01-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

What wrong with my script? sorry for writing in this forum but i got no clue how to make my own
here it is :

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "FlyingJesus_2", "HolyJesus", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Jesus_2", "FlyingJesus_2", "Sound", true, 1);
}

void HolyJesus(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("Jesus_2", true);
AddPropForce("Jesus_2", 0, 0, 30000, "World");
}

void Sound(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "21_screams.snt", "FlyingJesus_1", 0, false);
}

AddUseItemCallback("", "key_study_11", "leveldoor", "CrowbarKeyOnDoor", true);
}
void CrowbarKeyOnDoor(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked("leveldoor", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door.ogg", "leveldoor", 0, false);
RemoveItem("key_study_11");
}
////////////////////////////
// Run when entering map
void OnEnter()
{
AddUseItemCallback("", "key_study_10", "Basementdoor", "KeyOnDoor", true);
}
void KeyOnDoor(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked("Basementdoor", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door.ogg", "Basementdoor", 0, false);
RemoveItem("key_study_10");
}

// Run when leaving map
void OnLeave()
{
}
01-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

^^^
I advise you post here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html Big Grin

01-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Spoiler below!
(01-16-2012, 08:19 PM)trollox Wrote: What wrong with my script? sorry for writing in this forum but i got no clue how to make my own
here it is :

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "FlyingJesus_2", "HolyJesus", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Jesus_2", "FlyingJesus_2", "Sound", true, 1);
}

void HolyJesus(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("Jesus_2", true);
AddPropForce("Jesus_2", 0, 0, 30000, "World");
}

void Sound(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "21_screams.snt", "FlyingJesus_1", 0, false);
}

AddUseItemCallback("", "key_study_11", "leveldoor", "CrowbarKeyOnDoor", true);
}
void CrowbarKeyOnDoor(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked("leveldoor", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door.ogg", "leveldoor", 0, false);
RemoveItem("key_study_11");
}
// Run when entering map
void OnEnter()
{
AddUseItemCallback("", "key_study_10", "Basementdoor", "KeyOnDoor", true);
}
void KeyOnDoor(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked("Basementdoor", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door.ogg", "Basementdoor", 0, false);
RemoveItem("key_study_10");
}

// Run when leaving map
void OnLeave()
{
}

I'm sorry but what does this have to do with being in my campaign?? >> The hell?
(01-16-2012, 08:14 PM)darkely Wrote:
(01-14-2012, 12:14 AM)Statyk Wrote:
Ya I hear that they are strict about posting it :/ however if someone were to upload a virus or something it would be bad for them and others.

I wanted to ask in you're game will there be anything like the "Fountain of Youth" from the original game? because I really like the atmosphere in that part especially with the lighting and it made reminded me how big the castle really is - will you're map (or castle of sorts) be huge because I like to explore a lot too. By the way who's body is that?! I forget :p.

Fountain of Youth for those who needed a refresher...

[Image: Fountain-of-Youth-e1283910824521.jpg]
And yes, there will be plenty of places to explore throughout the campaign. It all takes place in a decently sized mansion, big but not too big, as well as outside environments and garden. I don't want to overwhelm some players.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2012, 08:34 PM by Statyk.)
01-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Find