Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] How make a statue an enemy?
Dobbydoo Offline

Threads: 6
[Help] How make a statue an enemy?

How can I make one of the statues in the game an enemy? It don't want it to have animations, I just want it to be able to move/glide forward and to be able to attack me.
01-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: [Help] How make a statue an enemy?

(01-16-2012, 09:59 PM)Dobbydoo Wrote: How can I make one of the statues in the game an enemy? It don't want it to have animations, I just want it to be able to move/glide forward and to be able to attack me.
Someone has already made this. I believe (if I'm not mistaken), flamez3 used it in Mystery.
01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Import the statue in the model editor and make its type a grunt.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Website Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

(01-16-2012, 11:35 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Import the statue in the model editor and make its type a grunt.
^ This : D

01-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Find
Dobbydoo Offline

It can now glide after me, but it won't attack me, and once it stops, it won't start walking/gliding again and just stands still at the same spot :/
And is there any way I can remove the screeching sound and blur effect when I look at it (just for this one monster) without making my custom story a total conversion?
EDIT: The problem with him stopping to move was a problem with him actually being stuck in the ground, so I just had to lift him up a little in the level editor. He still won't attack me though :/
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2012, 03:10 PM by Dobbydoo.)
01-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Find
Dobbydoo Offline

Can someone please try and help me with this? I have tried for three days to get it work, but it just won't attack me. I found that if you remove all the animations from a normal enemy the same happens to them, though.Then I tried using the brute's animations on mine, but it didn't work.
01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

I'm thinking's it because it's a Static Object, with no bones at all. (Don't know what is required to be attacked).

01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Find
Dobbydoo Offline

So I'll have to make a skeleton for it? D:
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Find
Rokotain Offline

Threads: 9

I'm not an expert at this at all, but I thought of an idea.

What if you make a collide callback, that whenever the statue touches the player a function gets acitavted?
And that function damages the player.

Like:
Quote:OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "Statue_1", "StatueAttack", true, 1);
}

void StatueAttack(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
GivePlayerDamage(float afAmount, string& asType, bool abSpinHead, bool abLethal);
}
As I said, this might be a completely stupid idea as I have little experience with it.
But it seems like it's worth a try. :] Good luck!
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2012, 07:45 PM by Rokotain.)
01-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Find
Dobbydoo Offline

(01-20-2012, 07:44 PM)Rokotain Wrote: I'm not an expert at this at all, but I thought of an idea.

What if you make a collide callback, that whenever the statue touches the player a function gets acitavted?
And that function damages the player.

Like:
Quote:OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "Statue_1", "StatueAttack", true, 1);
}

void StatueAttack(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
GivePlayerDamage(float afAmount, string& asType, bool abSpinHead, bool abLethal);
}
As I said, this might be a completely stupid idea as I have little experience with it.
But it seems like it's worth a try. :] Good luck!
Unfortunately that didn't work either :/
I don't wan't to make a skeleton for it, so I think I'll maybe just script the whole thing. Maybe. Either that or I'll have to learn how to make a skeleton, and with the model I'm using I think I'll just have to make an entirely new entity in Maya, which means I'll have to learn 3d-modeling too. I wan't to learn it, but I also wan't my story to be finished soon, so I don't know what to do. Gaaaaaah!

01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Find