Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-20-2012, 08:15 AM)kman Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 06:48 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: This cannot possibly be 120 pages of discussion about the game for pigs. What in the Sam Hill.

It's pretty much 110 pages of staring at numbers and 10 pages of actual disscsuion.

OK, that's something I can completely understand. I'd start to freak out when I can pre-order.

EDIT: Remember this trailer for Amnesia? I didn't think the game was going to be that scary, but I bought it right after I saw it.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2012, 09:06 AM by hollowleviathan.)
02-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Find
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7

(02-20-2012, 06:17 AM)pimpinitalian Wrote: Yeah I'm not looking for a Penumbra-like expansion to the series because don't get me wrong they were scary, but I could go next door to my redneck neighbors house to see a blood-crazed dog or the locale insane asylum to see some guy with his dick hanging out and about. Amnesia on the other hand...well you can't find a grunt or brute running around these days.
At least the first two were in a way scary.
The grunts were just plain silly and you know it

02-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Seeing after about 3 pages of the forum is about a trailer release, I don't think they would release it yet. I would expect is sometime around March time. Bit too soon considering they have only just started to release images.

On another note, this game isn't going to be as horror based as Amnesia, so I'm guessing something like Overture possible, most likely wrong as I want this game to be just as scary as Amnesia.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

(02-20-2012, 07:48 AM)Kein Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 01:25 AM)dph314 Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 12:53 AM)Kein Wrote: More powerful than Alexander? Way too deus ex and out of nowhere.

Nah, Frictional is better than that. There is definitely will be good connection and reference to already built basis.

They're better than that? Well they wouldn't go in the other direction, since the purpose of most sequels is to out-do yourself, or improve upon/build upon the story, and who would want to see someone weaker/dumber than the previous antagonist?

It could very well be someone who decided to continue Alexander's work, or like the one post just said, more than one person... taking torture for vitae beyond the one/few at a time like in Amnesia

Better in setting up the plot and the story. I' by all means, have nothing against teh fact that you may enjoy cheap continuation, but I'd prefer something sane and reasonable.

Sane and reasonable when discussing magic orbs and a non-existant vitae substance?
I think I know what you mean, though. But the story was great and I dont think they would by any means resort to 'cheap continuation' if they wanted to do something with it.

02-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

(02-20-2012, 01:21 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote: On another note, this game isn't going to be as horror based as Amnesia, so I'm guessing something like Overture possible, most likely wrong as I want this game to be just as scary as Amnesia.
I think we should differentiate between the upcoming survival horror game that they develop in collaboration with thechineseroom thats coming in fall 2012, and their other game that is not as focused on horror coming probably sometime in 2013.

They explained multiple times that they are working on some side projects in addition to their next big game, with the Amnesia sequel/prequel probably being one of those. So imho this game could turn out very well quite scary.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2012, 03:07 PM by Chrysler.)
02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(02-20-2012, 03:05 PM)Chrysler Wrote: I think we should differentiate between the upcoming survival horror game that they develop in collaboration with thechineseroom thats coming in fall 2012, and their other game that is not as focused on horror coming probably sometime in 2013.

They explained multiple times that they are working on some side projects in addition to their next big game, with the Amnesia sequel/prequel probably being one of those. So imho this game could turn out very well quite scary.
Oh right, didn't know they were working on 2 projects. Thought it was just one big game. I've heard things about the dark swarm. What's thechineseroom? Thought that was just about links to areas on the map.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Find
pimpinitalian Offline

Threads: 1

Look at the in development section; there is two now!
02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

(02-20-2012, 05:54 PM)pimpinitalian Wrote: Look at the in development section; there is two now!

Awesome!

I was afraid they'd tossed out all those ideas they'd talked about in the blog. I'd really like to see what FG can whip up beyond just horror in and of itself.

02-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Find
thomsone Offline

Wow, so we have 2 projects. Then I think that second will be that "less-horror-oriented".
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

WHAT ?
READING THIS THREAD SHOCKED ME ALWAYS SO HARD !

THEY ARE WORKING ON TWO NEW PROJECTS NOW ?

I REALLY THINK YOU UNDERSTAND SOMETHING WRONG !

This seems like the first real ingame screenshot from the upcoming Amnesia game.
It's the same with the machinery for pigs, the next full horror game.

[Image: ogue9sza.jpg]

I think, they implement more survival, open-world and adventure elements, but it's still a game with horror.
Or aren't I up to date?

Look at the walls on the right, I'm sure it's a screenshot from the next Amnesia.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM by Googolplex.)
02-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Find