Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3.78 Average
Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion-
MrJetRaptors Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Killings In Altstadt -Custom story/Full conversion-

Really great story so far, I think I may be nearing the end of it but I'm not so sure. The puzzles you have going on in here are bloody brilliant, albeit difficult at times. Granted my thought process is a little stunted when I'm running around talking into a microphone for some reason (horrible multi tasker).

Spoiler below!
Would have gotten farther tonight but the library ate me so Imma have to restart from an earlier save to get to that point. I don't think I'm too far away from it, though.

Video Antics

Also looking for VA work in custom stories if needed.
02-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Find
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16

(02-15-2012, 06:03 AM)MrJetRaptors Wrote: Really great story so far, I think I may be nearing the end of it but I'm not so sure. The puzzles you have going on in here are bloody brilliant, albeit difficult at times. Granted my thought process is a little stunted when I'm running around talking into a microphone for some reason (horrible multi tasker).

Spoiler below!
Would have gotten farther tonight but the library ate me so Imma have to restart from an earlier save to get to that point. I don't think I'm too far away from it, though.
Thanks alot. We really appreciate when people take time to tell us what they think Smile Glad you like it!

Greetz,
Measuring

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
02-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Find
WTFallacy Offline

I encountered a mod-breaking error in the room with a shit ton of bookshelves. As it turns out, some of the bookshelves are JUST close enough together, that if you try to go in between them, you get stuck and cannot get out. This blows because I didn't save for a whole hour. FML.
02-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Find
Thiefnuker Offline

Threads: 7

(02-19-2012, 03:08 AM)WTFallacy Wrote: I encountered a mod-breaking error in the room with a shit ton of bookshelves. As it turns out, some of the bookshelves are JUST close enough together, that if you try to go in between them, you get stuck and cannot get out. This blows because I didn't save for a whole hour. FML.
Thanks for reporting this Wink

A question to all of you:

Do you want a bugfixed 1.1 Release of Killings In Altstadt?
I have some spare time now so I'd do that if you want it Tongue

Greetz,
Thiefnuker
02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Find
thesnake Offline

(02-19-2012, 12:27 PM)Thiefnuker Wrote: Thanks for reporting this Wink

A question to all of you:

Do you want a bugfixed 1.1 Release of Killings In Altstadt?
I have some spare time now so I'd do that if you want it Tongue

Greetz,
Thiefnuker
Bug fix it until you're sure there are none left.

02-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Find
Sharkhead Offline

I'm getting a BlackBox Error when starts amnesia with this... someone can help me?

I didn't read all the pages... i'm sorry for that. And i downloaded, and then replaced in the Amnesia Directory... i think i did something wrong?

Don't worry, i have a backup files. But anyway, someone help me?
02-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Find
Thiefnuker Offline

(02-21-2012, 03:29 PM)Sharkhead Wrote: I'm getting a BlackBox Error when starts amnesia with this... someone can help me?

I didn't read all the pages... i'm sorry for that. And i downloaded, and then replaced in the Amnesia Directory... i think i did something wrong?

Don't worry, i have a backup files. But anyway, someone help me?
Uhm a "BlackBox Error"?

In order to solve your problem, you need to give us some more information:

1. What version did you install (CS, FC, FIFC)?
2. Have other stories of that type worked for you?
3. Did you try it again? Tongue

To no. 3:
Sometimes something just went wrong, if you get an error like this always try reinstalling the story.

I guess you have the FC because you mentioned "replacing" files. Actually, the story doesn't replace any files. It just integrates files in already existing folders. So if any FILES are replaced you probably have wrong files downloaded from somewhere else. The links we provide here are the onliest way to get the original files.

Greetings,
Thiefnuker

02-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Find
Sharkhead Offline

I knew i did something wrong. Now its everything allright! I'm playing it now, but i'm stuck...
02-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

I have a bug at the beggining of a map (when you see the dagger on the table).
I just can't move... is there a way to fix that?

My souncloud page : http://soundcloud.com/madkeim
02-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Find
Thiefnuker Offline

(02-21-2012, 10:11 PM)madkeim Wrote: I have a bug at the beggining of a map (when you see the dagger on the table).
I just can't move... is there a way to fix that?
Yep, youre automatically freezed when you enter that map. That effect will be removed by a function that is triggered as soon as every vioce effect is gone. Means as soon as Vincent finished talking, you're free. If Vincent doesn't say anything, you didn't install the Voice Files correctly. Make sure everything is extracted to your "Amnesia The Dark Descent/Redist" folder (or "SteamApps/common/amnesia the dark descent" if you have the steam version) and NOT in the "Amnesia The Dark Descent/Redist/Custom_Stories" (if you have the CS). The Voice files should be in "amnesia .../redist/sounds/Killings In Altstadt/Voices/Vincent". If you haven't got any files there, you didn't installed it correctly. Also make sure you have the files downloaded from the link provided in this thread. I already said, these links are the onliest one that are uploaded from us, so we can't give support for links of other people's uploads, because we don't know if they uploaded it correctly and stuff like that Wink Thanks for understanding

Hope that helped you!
Greetz,
Thiefnuker

02-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Find