Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-24-2012, 11:25 PM)soulsweeper Wrote: The way I understood the interview, gameplay changes are introduced so that Amnesia: TDD veterans won't be able to use the same old tricks to avoid the danger and beat the game smoothly. And that's the good thing, because thorough understanding of mechanics means you can exploit it, and that makes the game considerably less scary.

Nothing I've read so far makes me wary of the new Amnesia - quite the contrary, I'm really lookin forward to it.
There must be any tricks to avaid the danger, when not, you will die.

TDD did it great with crawl on the ground to hide from monsters, and the monsters walking next to you without attacking. This isn't bad KI, this is contrived to make it scarier. You have more fear when a monster is walking to you instead od attacking and then you'll die and reset again to an other place.
What will you do when can't use this tricks? Run? Isn't it also a trick?
Or die? To die is not scary - it destroyed gameplay.
I think, the gameplay changes lets handle the game different than TDD. This is what destroyed the typical charme of FG. The game shouldn't feel like any game, it must feel like from FG.

But still lets wait for more information, we can't build our own opinions without having any clear facts.
I only mean, how could they make a game with all that content in only 10 months? Either the game will be very short or the devs are magicians.

02-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

Threads: 0

(02-24-2012, 05:03 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 12:39 AM)nackidno Wrote: If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

It seems people are so anti-innovative these days.
If you don't like to work, then don't do it.

Yeah, people are so flat these days.
Most people don't require playing Amnesia in order to live.

Except for maybe Daniel.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 11:45 PM by TheGrandHero.)
02-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

This people really missed something.
02-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Find
Tapetenmetzger Offline

I know people who thought Amnesia was quite boring.
So not every person necessarily missed something. Wink
02-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Website Find
Dewi Offline

Threads: 1

(02-24-2012, 11:38 PM)Googolplex Wrote: There must be any tricks to avaid the danger, when not, you will die.

TDD did it great with crawl on the ground to hide from monsters, and the monsters walking next to you without attacking. This isn't bad KI, this is contrived to make it scarier. You have more fear when a monster is walking to you instead od attacking and then you'll die and reset again to an other place.
What will you do when can't use this tricks? Run? Isn't it also a trick?
Or die? To die is not scary - it destroyed gameplay.
I think, the gameplay changes lets handle the game different than TDD. This is what destroyed the typical charme of FG. The game shouldn't feel like any game, it must feel like from FG.

But still lets wait for more information, we can't build our own opinions without having any clear facts.
I only mean, how could they make a game with all that content in only 10 months? Either the game will be very short or the devs are magicians.

He didn't mean those ''tricks'', I'm pretty sure.

Of course those things will stay. That's basic gameplay.
Maybe they mean things such as sanity/tinderboxes et cetera.
02-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(02-24-2012, 11:24 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 10:27 PM)nackidno Wrote: Your mindset baffles me, if you want Amnesia then play Amnesia. Trying new things, working together, spreading ideas and influence other game developers is what have made the gaming industry what it is today. Innovation is something to cherish, not be afraid of. If you want a game essentially just like Amnesia, then try out some custom stories, there you can find exactly what you are looking for. You may not like the idea of the collaboration, but that won't change one thing.

I also really like how you first complain about the new gameplay (which haven't been seen yet) and then you tell us that we have too little info to draw conclusions. Go figure.
Listen, there was a guy in the EA forums who said I should not criticize a game what isn't just released.

It was NFS The Run. And now, it is released and what did they made of it? A piece of crap!
When Amnesia 2 is released it's too late to criticize. And I don't say the game is bad!
Some people just aren't able to understand that. Dodgy

Are you a guy without critics?
When you read the next Amnesia will be a flamethrower monster blaster, then it also is no matter for you?
Because there is no gameplay video?
For the love of god, chill the hell out. Why is it that every time you have an argument, you start spilling out garbage. There's currently NOTHING of the game shown, other than the title and some concept art and yet you are going around yelling how they shouldn't change gameplay.

If there would be no additions to game mechanics, no new gameplay features or anything it would be just like playing amnesia but in different setting and different story, it would be like playing a custom story with higher production values and done by developers who actually have experience.

Besides, new gameplay features make the game feel more fresh, if gameplay wise it will be exactly the same as amnesia then it would seem that the developers are just half assed.

02-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

SquigPie:
The fact that you don't like or don't get into the game does not mean it is a bad game:
[Image: aEkrU.jpg]
(02-24-2012, 07:48 AM)Auralous Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 04:11 AM)Kein Wrote: where is this from?

http://nextfrictionalgame.com/

Ahh, thanks, I see we've got more awesome art, nice. Really can't wait for the release.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
02-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(02-24-2012, 11:24 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Listen, there was a guy in the EA forums who said I should not criticize a game what isn't just released.

It was NFS The Run. And now, it is released and what did they made of it? A piece of crap!
When Amnesia 2 is released it's too late to criticize. And I don't say the game is bad!
Some people just aren't able to understand that. Dodgy

Are you a guy without critics?
When you read the next Amnesia will be a flamethrower monster blaster, then it also is no matter for you?
Because there is no gameplay video?
But you have to face that we are not talking about EA, we a talking about Frictional Games and thechineseroom, two very capable and innovative game developer companies. EA was good but now it's all about the buck. I believe that this collaboration will be a huge success, since both Amnesia and Dear Esther have been praised for their innovative design and concept in games.

And of course I'm a criticizing person, I'm very criticizing, when I actually have something to draw conclusions with. Right now I don't have any info thus it's too soon to draw any kind of conclusion.

You are raging for no reason, if you don't shape up and improve your arguments and level yourself, I'm out of this discussion.

Thank you.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Find
SquigPie Offline

(02-25-2012, 01:26 AM)Kein Wrote: SquigPie:
The fact that you don't like or don't get into the game does not mean it is a bad game:
[Image: aEkrU.jpg]
Are you for real?

That image could just as easily read "Stop disliking what I don't like", then have a screaming baby on it.

It would be just as accurate a representation of you as that image is of me.

Using reaction images in a serious discussion is suicide unless you're on an image board, which you aren't.

Also, you used the "game" word again, that word shouldn't be used in reference to Dear Esther

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012, 02:41 PM by SquigPie.)
02-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

(02-24-2012, 11:24 PM)Googolplex Wrote: When you read the next Amnesia will be a flamethrower monster blaster, then it also is no matter for you?

When I read that then we can worry about it. No one has said that, though, so it's a moot point.
02-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Find