Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-25-2012, 02:40 PM)SquigPie Wrote:
(02-25-2012, 01:26 AM)Kein Wrote: SquigPie:
The fact that you don't like or don't get into the game does not mean it is a bad game:
[Image: aEkrU.jpg]
Are you for real?

That image could just as easily read "Stop disliking what I don't like", then have a screaming baby on it.

It would be just as accurate a representation of you as that image is of me.

Using reaction images in a serious discussion is suicide unless you're on an image board, which you aren't.

Also, you used the "game" word again, that word shouldn't be used in reference to Dear Esther
What has this world come to, when holding down W for half a hour while listening to some guy talking equals a good game. Lee/SexBad review pretty much sums it up.
02-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-24-2012, 11:57 PM)Arvuti Wrote: For the love of god, chill the hell out. Why is it that every time you have an argument, you start spilling out garbage. There's currently NOTHING of the game shown, other than the title and some concept art and yet you are going around yelling how they shouldn't change gameplay.

I'm not spilling out Garbage, YOU are one of the person who don't understand the love of god.
Don't I say already that there's nothing of the game shown? Please don't recall facts to me what is already known.

(02-24-2012, 11:57 PM)Arvuti Wrote: If there would be no additions to game mechanics, no new gameplay features or anything it would be just like playing amnesia but in different setting and different story, it would be like playing a custom story with higher production values and done by developers who actually have experience.

Then is Amnesia only a Custom Story to Penumbra?
Rethink your logic.

(02-24-2012, 11:57 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Besides, new gameplay features make the game feel more fresh, if gameplay wise it will be exactly the same as amnesia then it would seem that the developers are just half assed.

Anmesia already has the same gameplay like Penumbra, are the devs just half passed because of this?
I think, not.

(02-24-2012, 11:51 PM)Tapetenmetzger Wrote: I know people who thought Amnesia was quite boring.

So not every person necessarily missed something. Wink
This people just don't understand art.

They should play their Call of Duty when they think it's art.

(02-25-2012, 11:57 AM)nackidno Wrote: You are raging for no reason, if you don't shape up and improve your arguments and level yourself, I'm out of this discussion.
Really? It's no reason to read Frictional Games is not the developer?

Don't be angry when it's too late.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012, 04:03 PM by Googolplex.)
02-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Quote:Really? It's no reason to read Frictional Games is not the developer?

Don't be angry when it's too late.
I didn't quite catch that could you rephrase what you just said?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

There is this nice verb, "stop". and there's this other word: "fight". Put them together.
You won't solve anything like this.

listen to boards of canada
02-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Website Find
Tapetenmetzger Offline

Threads: 0

(02-25-2012, 03:58 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 11:51 PM)Tapetenmetzger Wrote: I know people who thought Amnesia was quite boring.

So not every person necessarily missed something. Wink

This people just don't understand art.

They should play their Call of Duty when they think it's art.
I wasn't talking about art, neither were (and are) these people fans of CoD & Co (I'm just talking about those I spoke with, just to be clear about that).
It's just that the way of constructing fear used by Frictional Games didn't work for them. They simply weren't afraid.

Different kinds of people lead to different ways and kinds of perception, experience and opinion. Simple as that.
02-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(02-25-2012, 04:18 PM)Tapetenmetzger Wrote: It's just that the way of constructing fear used by Frictional Games didn't work for them. They simply weren't afraid.
That's right. But the people are casual gamers and far away from games with art.

So, they stop playing Amnesia when they are in the archives and are thinking the game is boring.
They never played the whole game.
Yes, I never played Call of Duty also, but Amnesia said it isn't a game to win. And I think, to be not the superhero is the most important thing in a horror game. When people don't like it, they don't like horror. Or maybe only horror for teenagers like SAW.

02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Find
pimpinitalian Offline

Threads: 1

My theory is this: Frictional Games wanted another company to help them and you want to know why? Because I believe Frictional Games has a lot planned out for this game and I wouldn't even be surprised if has double the scare factor in it and that's just a minimum; it could be infinitely scarier. Think about it; you want to release a game, but you have a shit ton of work to do. Frictional Games probably is having their team work on the first half and thechineseroom works on the other half full time so that they can release this game fast and I don't mean impatient fast; I mean completed with a pair of titties on the cover to complement it ;3
02-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Find
GetAgrippa Offline

Threads: 2

New information: Oswald Mandus is an awesome name! ( seriously: Phillip, Daniel then Oswald!)
sorry in advance for useless post Smile

If Fate frowns, we all perish.
02-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(02-25-2012, 06:03 PM)pimpinitalian Wrote: My theory is this: Frictional Games wanted another company to help them and you want to know why? Because I believe Frictional Games has a lot planned out for this game and I wouldn't even be surprised if has double the scare factor in it and that's just a minimum; it could be infinitely scarier. Think about it; you want to release a game, but you have a shit ton of work to do. Frictional Games probably is having their team work on the first half and thechineseroom works on the other half full time so that they can release this game fast and I don't mean impatient fast; I mean completed with a pair of titties on the cover to complement it ;3
No, Frictional Games only needs new devs to continue Amnesia, because they have not time when working on their own, new project.

02-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Retail, anyone? I sure hope so... Would love to put this in my best friends trick or treating bag Big Grin

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Find