Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Massacre [UPDATED]
juxhin Offline

Threads: 2
RE: The Massacre

(03-23-2012, 05:26 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 04:55 PM)juxhin Wrote: Yea fixing the map pieces as we speak, im thinking whether i should display the 'introduction' as a note or in the description?
Depends on what you're able to do. If you can pace it well enough, I'd recommend putting it as part of the actual "game". It can spew out better immersion compared with a block of text on the description. Still, it depends on your story telling skills.

Also it'd be nice if we could know who you were in the story.
Well i added the note above as a diary entry which isn't really an introduction but it would make you think about the situation. I don't want to give out the whole story on the screen, i would like to make the player think and be curious, where i start i'll edit the onscreen message to help the player a bit more and just like you said ill continue adding to the story through onscreen messages and animations throughout the map like "this is where grandpa used to throw his junk" and add a voiceover to the 2nd jumpscare when you head close to the oil in grandpa's bedroom, the animation stays the same but add a subtitle and a voiceover saying 'Dad?!' or something else to add the creeps.

03-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

You wanted feedback so here's what you get:
I think the levels were just a complete mess. There was no indication that the map ended I just wandered around there like 5 minutes before I checked the map from the editor. Scripts were awful. You can throw Staphano and those stupid naked guys away because PewDie ain't going to play this crap. 3/10.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2012, 06:59 PM by JMFStorm.)
03-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

(03-23-2012, 06:59 PM)JMFStorm Wrote: You wanted feedback so here's what you get:
I think the levels were just a complete mess. There was no indication that the map ended I just wandered around there like 5 minutes before I checked the map from the editor. Scripts were awful. You can throw Staphano and those stupid naked guys away because PewDie ain't going to play this crap. 3/10.
It's alright bud i appreciate the opinion and its guys like you that actually make me work better on things, you were right i didnt think i should've ended the map i just did a bit of work and posted it up here asking for your opinions. The scripts are obviously aweful since i never worked with that programming language before in my life and was really hard adapting to it, the closest language i could relate to it is pascal and it isn't even close so yea. Just wanted to ask which part do you refer to stephano and who's pewdie? I tried searching in the files for any characters with that name and found nothing. Thanks again for the solid feedback and will try to work on it better in my spare time since it's just a game! Also, could you please re-post saying what exactly should i change or add? Cheers

03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
hamlehdk Offline

Threads: 1
Big Grin  RE: The Massacre

(03-23-2012, 05:11 PM)juxhin Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 05:02 PM)hamlehdk Wrote: There is a bug in one off the room's (when i got in the room and closed the door i could open it and i tried everything but it didn't work) But the story was great in the start!! Smile
Thanks mate! yea i still need to continue that should've stopped the story before but didn't know that so sorry about it Big Grin , i'll be working on it to finish it off
Worked on the map and fixed up the walls a bit, still got some left. I added a note at the very beginning close to the boy inside the fire circle. How does this sound as an introduction:

"How much more blood do i have to shed to pay my sins and bring back my loved ones? Only managed to sack jeremy and jacob and left their younger brother hanging for now. Grandpa was stupid for trying to interfere, this plan seemed so flawless at first but somethings not working right..[br][br]Friday 13th, 1874[br]Envictus Maternis"

Also removed the dagger which was pointless and might add an extra scare along the long corridor in level 2 (Maybe a pot exploding)
Write to me when the updated version is finished and i will try it Smile
03-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

(03-23-2012, 09:53 PM)hamlehdk Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 05:11 PM)juxhin Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 05:02 PM)hamlehdk Wrote: There is a bug in one off the room's (when i got in the room and closed the door i could open it and i tried everything but it didn't work) But the story was great in the start!! Smile
Thanks mate! yea i still need to continue that should've stopped the story before but didn't know that so sorry about it Big Grin , i'll be working on it to finish it off
Worked on the map and fixed up the walls a bit, still got some left. I added a note at the very beginning close to the boy inside the fire circle. How does this sound as an introduction:

"How much more blood do i have to shed to pay my sins and bring back my loved ones? Only managed to sack jeremy and jacob and left their younger brother hanging for now. Grandpa was stupid for trying to interfere, this plan seemed so flawless at first but somethings not working right..[br][br]Friday 13th, 1874[br]Envictus Maternis"

Also removed the dagger which was pointless and might add an extra scare along the long corridor in level 2 (Maybe a pot exploding)
Write to me when the updated version is finished and i will try it Smile
Alright mate thanks !

03-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

Tryout the new updated version!
03-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Find
hamlehdk Offline

Threads: 1
Smile  RE: The Massacre

(03-24-2012, 05:11 PM)juxhin Wrote: Tryout the new updated version!
Is it done yet? Smile
03-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
juxhin Offline

(03-24-2012, 07:43 PM)hamlehdk Wrote:
(03-24-2012, 05:11 PM)juxhin Wrote: Tryout the new updated version!
Is it done yet? Smile
The first 2 levels are "finished", just do me a favour and re-read the first post so everyone can see it Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 12:03 AM by juxhin.)
03-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Threads: 0

I downloaded it
I'll give it a shot tomorrow and let you know what I think

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
03-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

well, played.

good scares!

and bug - when i enters to door marked "Jacob" - game crashes to desktop.
whatta?
[Image: M5i1Dl.png]
03-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Find