Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

What you're writing is not true.
You call crying girls clichées? Oh I thought violence like SAW were clichées, and then, Amnesia did it better by having crying girls what is out of clichées and you call it a clichée?
Amnesia must be a clichée for you, why you're here and not playing Dead Space?
To the puzzles. I think it's normal to create them well.
And Amnesia was not an improvement compared to Penumbra, the puzzles are too easy, have less of them and not really hard of thinking. Penumbra has some things to be the better experience. Amnesia 2 should have all that to combine the best of Penumbra and the best of Amnesia together in one game.
It is possible, you just have to think correct.
04-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(04-19-2012, 05:34 PM)Googolplex Wrote: What you're writing is not true.
You call crying girls clichées? Oh I thought violence like SAW were clichées, and then, Amnesia did it better by having crying girls what is out of clichées and you call it a clichée?
Amnesia must be a clichée for you, why you're here and not playing Dead Space?
To the puzzles. I think it's normal to create them well.
And Amnesia was not an improvement compared to Penumbra, the puzzles are too easy, have less of them and not really hard of thinking. Penumbra has some things to be the better experience. Amnesia 2 should have all that to combine the best of Penumbra and the best of Amnesia together in one game.
It is possible, you just have to think correct.
You are completely missing my point, please read my post again. My point is that the puzzles in Amnesia made sense (most of them) while in Penumbra they felt off and out of place which is not good. Hard puzzles does not equal good puzzles, a good puzzle is one that is consistent, true to context and works together with the overall flow of the gameplay. If you want a hardcore puzzle game then I recommend Myst, it's a very good Adventure game.

Also:

Quote:you just have to think correct.
This made me laugh.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Tell me an example in Penumbra for an unconsidered puzzle.
04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Find
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10

The big container which drops on you if you step on that pressure plate thing. I don't know the back story about it but it made no sense.
> Really secure facility, only allowing trusted people in it
> Makes a trap contraption for what? Infected? You are going to make a trigger plate in days and covering whole job, yeah right.

Sewer box jump puzzle. Those big boxes really float? You can hardly even move them, are they really that light?

There are some others...
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012, 06:51 PM by Mehis.)
04-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

-The explosive puzzle near the end of Overture (you have dynamite, they were designed to blow up rock surface)
-The TNT barrel puzzle at the beginning of Overture, again, you can use dynamites to expand the hole (also, the TNT barrel would result in a massive cave in much larger than the one already blocking the way.
-The Broom Puzzle, the fact that you can't pick the fuse up with your hands make the whole situation laughable.
-The steam Floor puzzle, tell me one place that looks and behaves like that.

And these are just from Penumbra Overture.

I don't intend to continue on this topic, I made my point and whether you can understand it or not is your problem. Good day.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
04-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

Unconsidered or not, the puzzles were still fun and rewarding.

[Image: 14jp6wg.png]
04-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Seriously just stop trying to have an honest conversation with googolplex, he pretty much starts out with one mind set and no matter how dumb or ignorant it is he won't change it no matter how logical your argument is, it's the equivalent of yelling at a brick wall. Just trying to save you the time~

Posting Freak
04-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

What you think they did:

''the teaser might be a face, but when turnd upsaid daoun then its liek a hallway. the coordinates of the picture and stuff gives such insight to what this story will be about! the blob might represent a new mob, or a face, or the protagonist, or, or, or! amigawd i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

What they probably did:

''
-dude, you gotta make us a teaser.

-alright, ill see what i can do

*14 seconds later*

-dude, is this a good teaser?

-..its a blob of colour...

-exactly.''

*i might be a few weeks late, but the amount of speculation about this in the beginning.

was TOO DAMN HIGH to be left alone*

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2012, 12:22 PM by Mine Turtle.)
04-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(04-19-2012, 10:31 PM)kman Wrote: Seriously just stop trying to have an honest conversation with googolplex, he pretty much starts out with one mind set and no matter how dumb or ignorant it is he won't change it no matter how logical your argument is, it's the equivalent of yelling at a brick wall. Just trying to save you the time~
This is MY brick wall, kman!

[Image: yetbwlym.jpg]

04-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Man I'm so worried. Please don't screw anything up, please know what we want. Please be intelligent and know what you're doing. Please don't let thechineseroom affect too much on the game mechanics. I'm not saying that they can't do all this, I'm simply hoping for the best. I love Frictional Games' work.

04-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Find