Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Amnesia - Welcome to Rapture? - unfinished-
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28
RE: Amnesia - Welcome to Rapture? - unfinished-

(04-21-2012, 09:06 PM)Traggey Wrote: It contains content ripped from another product, in this case Bioshock. He did not create these models and therefor does not have the rights to distribute them, we'd be downloading stolen content.
now write this reply in all 100 other custom stories inb this forum,

you don't have to download this, i don't clamp anyone Wink
04-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(04-21-2012, 09:07 PM)Skashi Wrote:
(04-21-2012, 09:06 PM)Traggey Wrote: It contains content ripped from another product, in this case Bioshock. He did not create these models and therefor does not have the rights to distribute them, we'd be downloading stolen content.
now write this reply in all 100 other custom stories inb this forum,

you don't have to download this, i don't clamp anyone Wink
Is your excuse really ''everyone else does it'' ? Because sir, mind me saying, that's bullshit. There has been custom stories that has ripped models before yes, but VERY far from every story ever.

Most custom stories which uses ''ripped models'' are models from Penumbra, which isn't illegal because HPL1 is open source, it's free for anyone to use and it's a product by FG themselves.
04-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Find
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4

Do you have any plans of a combat system?

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
04-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Nice idea. But your mod will be removed for sure for copyright abuse. Otherwise the website where you post this can get in trouble. Maybe not, either way you're using illegal content, and by such, you are a criminal.

Also, remake is something that's done expecting a better result than the previous one. Taking that Bioshock's dev team is one of the best around, I doubt it's even possible. (Bioshock 3 is just...I can't even comment it).

I'd give up while you haven't given it too much work.

Good luck!

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012, 03:16 AM by nemesis567.)
04-22-2012, 03:13 AM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(04-22-2012, 03:13 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: Nice idea. But your mod will be removed for sure for copyright abuse. Otherwise the website where you post this can get in trouble. Maybe not, either way you're using illegal content, and by such, you are a criminal.

Also, remake is something that's done expecting a better result than the previous one. Taking that Bioshock's dev team is one of the best around, I doubt it's even possible. (Bioshock 3 is just...I can't even comment it).

I'd give up while you haven't given it too much work.

Good luck!
well i looked around in the internet about the copyright thing and i found this:

You are alowed to use other modells if you don't sell this game, and this is not the game but an add-on

and the maker of the small horse and others hadn't get trouble so far
04-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Find
Nickshrike Offline

Threads: 1

If the makers of Bioshock didn't want it up they would send a cease and desist order to you for it to be taken down, highly unlikely as you are not making money from it.
I don't believe they would have the power to sue you for it and put you in legal trouble if your not making money and even if they did, I doubt they would even bother.

Just continue with it, nothing too bad can happen. The story itself looks fantastic though, the models look like they have been ripped pretty well Tongue
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012, 09:42 AM by Nickshrike.)
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(04-22-2012, 09:41 AM)Nickshrike Wrote: If the makers of Bioshock didn't want it up they would send a cease and desist order to you for it to be taken down, highly unlikely as you are not making money from it.
I don't believe they would have the power to sue you for it and put you in legal trouble if your not making money and even if they did, I doubt they would even bother.

Just continue with it, nothing too bad can happen. The story itself looks fantastic though, the models look like they have been ripped pretty well Tongue
thx for a bit mutivation...
i don't think the make will say anything

same in dark room, small horse and others

if there's trouble, just not in my stories

Wink
04-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(04-21-2012, 09:12 PM)Traggey Wrote: Most custom stories which uses ''ripped models'' are models from Penumbra, which isn't illegal because HPL1 is open source, it's free for anyone to use and it's a product by FG themselves.
Yes, Penumbra is open source, but AFAIK the models are not included in that package, which technically makes stories with ripped Penumbra models illegal.

04-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Well, I'm anti piracy to start with. But if such thing is allowed, I will take off my words and wish you good luck.
Although I believe such thing is not true.

Could you send us the link to that information you found anyway? Because I contacted bioshock's team a long time ago requesting permission to use their soundtrack for a non commercial project and it was rightfully refused due to legal problems.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012, 02:15 PM by nemesis567.)
04-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Find
Draiter Offline

Threads: 1

I can't believe you guys :S :S The guy is actually going through a lot to get these fantastic ideas out to us... A Bioshock/Amnesia mash up in a custom story... I played a lot of your custom stories Skashi and I have to say, they're really awesome and you have such amazing potential... Ignore the naysayers and you keep me updated on this one cause I'm gonna be one of the firsts to download it... Wink
04-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Find