Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No monsters for Chancel Ambush?
SpeiraLupin Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago No monsters for Chancel Ambush?

I accidentally went into the Chancel before I was supposed to and now when I go in there are no monsters, and therefore no way for me to progress further. Is there a way for me to progress or do i have to start all over? Ahh! I cant believe it I was so close to the end!
04-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: No monsters for Chancel Ambush?

Have you tried the door?

It's not supposed to be locked unless you have all the orb pieces.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Find
SpeiraLupin Offline

Okay well, which door? The one to the chancel? Yes i am standing inside. Hoping and wishing for the grunts to carry me away to somewhere horrifying. But they wont. Ive looted and searched the entire chancel. When i went in before (when i first met agrippa) There were monsters so I ran back out but now they are gone. i DO NOT want to play the game over again
(04-26-2012, 11:57 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Have you tried the door?

It's not supposed to be locked unless you have all the orb pieces.
Okay well, which door? The one to the chancel? Yes i am standing inside. Hoping and wishing for the grunts to carry me away to somewhere horrifying. But they wont. Ive looted and searched the entire chancel. When i went in before (when i first met agrippa) There were monsters so I ran back out but now they are gone. i DO NOT want to play the game over again

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 12:12 AM by SpeiraLupin.)
04-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-27-2012, 12:00 AM)SpeiraLupin Wrote: Okay well, which door? The one to the chancel? Yes i am standing inside. Hoping and wishing for the grunts to carry me away to somewhere horrifying. But they wont. Ive looted and searched the entire chancel. When i went in before (when i first met agrippa) There were monsters so I ran back out but now they are gone. i DO NOT want to play the game over again
Okay, so I'm assuming the following:
1. You had collected all the six orb pieces.
2. You then went inside the Chancel, triggering the ambush.
3. You then found that the door back had NOT locked behind you for some reason.
4. You exited the Chancel, and then later went back in.
5. Now the ambush is triggering, locking the door behind you, but the monsters have all been "used up", so you're stuck there.

I don't know how you managed to escape the ambush the first time, but you can always load an earlier save, from before you gathered all the six orb pieces or triggered the ambush the first time.

04-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Find
SpeiraLupin Offline

(04-27-2012, 12:13 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 12:00 AM)SpeiraLupin Wrote: Okay well, which door? The one to the chancel? Yes i am standing inside. Hoping and wishing for the grunts to carry me away to somewhere horrifying. But they wont. Ive looted and searched the entire chancel. When i went in before (when i first met agrippa) There were monsters so I ran back out but now they are gone. i DO NOT want to play the game over again
5. Now the ambush is triggering, locking the door behind you, but the monsters have all been "used up", so you're stuck there.

I don't know how you managed to escape the ambush the first time, but you can always load an earlier save, from before you gathered all the six orb pieces or triggered the ambush the first time.
No. I had not collected the orbs yet. I went into the chancel BEFORE i got the orbs, then left again. Then found the orbs, then went back and now there is no ambush trigger AT ALL and i can move in and out of the chancel at my leisure. Its making me insane
Angry

(04-27-2012, 12:38 AM)SpeiraLupin Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 12:13 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:

No. I had not collected the orbs yet. I went into the chancel BEFORE i got the orbs, then left again. Then found the orbs, then went back and now there is no ambush trigger AT ALL and i can move in and out of the chancel at my leisure. Its making me insane
Angry
AH, good sir. I have just realized that my counting skills are that of a three year old. I am missing an orb piece, thank you. Sorry to bother you.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 12:53 AM by SpeiraLupin.)
04-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-27-2012, 12:38 AM)SpeiraLupin Wrote: AH, good sir. I have just realized that my counting skills are that of a three year old. I am missing an orb piece, thank you. Sorry to bother you.
I told you to try the door, and when you said that you had tried the door leading TO the Chancel, I considered repeating myself, but I concluded that that would be too rude. Well, at least you can make progress now.

04-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Find
SpeiraLupin Offline

(04-27-2012, 01:17 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 12:38 AM)SpeiraLupin Wrote: AH, good sir. I have just realized that my counting skills are that of a three year old. I am missing an orb piece, thank you. Sorry to bother you.
I told you to try the door, and when you said that you had tried the door leading TO the Chancel, I considered repeating myself, but I concluded that that would be too rude. Well, at least you can make progress now.
It wasnt a door.... but i said thanks no need for attitude. Dont talk to a woman that way Dodgy
04-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-27-2012, 01:20 AM)SpeiraLupin Wrote: It wasnt a door.... but i said thanks no need for attitude. Dont talk to a woman that way Dodgy
Well, we can't all be perfect - I just found it funny. However, I officially hate women, so you'll get no special treatment because of your gender.

04-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Find
SpeiraLupin Offline

(04-27-2012, 01:23 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 01:20 AM)SpeiraLupin Wrote: It wasnt a door.... but i said thanks no need for attitude. Dont talk to a woman that way Dodgy
Well, we can't all be perfect - I just found it funny. However, I officially hate women, so you'll get no special treatment because of your gender.
You dont have to give me special treatment. But you can respect me as a human being.

04-27-2012, 01:29 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-27-2012, 01:29 AM)SpeiraLupin Wrote: You dont have to give me special treatment. But you can respect me as a human being.
Well, I kinda don't respect human beings in general either, but I already told you that you still have my respect, as we all make mistakes. I've seen worse mistakes.

04-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Find