Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(04-26-2012, 07:31 AM)SquigPie Wrote: Problem is that the only stuff they've done yet was Dear Esther: The Walking Simulator: the Mod: The Game, and Korsakovia, which was apparently a walking simulator whose few gameplay elements where so broken that most of their Moddb page for it is people complaining about the thing being unplayable. They never bothered to fix it.

Not a good track record for someone who now has to make real games.
Korsakovia definitely had gameplay. There were enemies, simplistic puzzles, and vague objectives required to finish. Also, literally being an experiment, many of the strange gameplay aspects were fully intentional. They know what worked and what didn't in Korsakovia.

Though. The complaints you're hearing about the mod being broken are due to crashes and errors that popped up after some major source engine updates. It's not the gameplay that's broken.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM by Nyarlathotep.)
04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I emailed thechineseroom, just saying I'm hoping the game lives up to it's expectations blah blah blah, mentioned that were still awaiting more info (screenshots, trailers e.t.c)...and I got a reply within minutes saying:-

Quote:Hey Ryan

It's down to FG when the info comes out - we're desperate to share, just getting enough game together to justify the annoucements But soon.... soon...

d
Just a bit of useless information Smile

Think A Little, Change A Lot
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 03:16 PM by BrooksyFC.)
04-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

[Image: Cy8Bw.jpg]

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
04-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

(04-26-2012, 03:16 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote: I emailed thechineseroom, just saying I'm hoping the game lives up to it's expectations blah blah blah, mentioned that were still awaiting more info (screenshots, trailers e.t.c)...and I got a reply within minutes saying:-

Quote:Hey Ryan

It's down to FG when the info comes out - we're desperate to share, just getting enough game together to justify the annoucements But soon.... soon...

d
Just a bit of useless information Smile
Few bits of information are totally useless. It's good to know that they actually read fan mail and personally respond with an intelligent email. Guess we'll have to wait on that go-ahead from Frictional.
And the points made that thechineroom hasn't done anything remarkable yet is in and of itself an argument to the contrary. They don't have a 'bad track record' specifically because they haven't gone all out on a game like A Machine for Pigs yet. So I say we definitely have to wait for them to work on an actual and intentionally complete game like AMFP before we judge. We can base our opinions and first-impressions of them on the game coming out in October (hopefully Wink ).

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2012, 08:38 PM by dph314.)
04-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
RE: Mikko Tarmia for AAMFP?

Jessica Curry's is definitely able to create moody music, that's for sure. Just give her a chance. Can't wait to hear her take on AMFP!

04-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Find
SquigPie Offline

(04-26-2012, 05:48 PM)Kein Wrote: *Pony*
Gee, that improved my opinion on you.
04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Ok, just for a moment, let's imagine that thechineseroom is a very experienced game-making company that has made dozens of top-class games with amazing atmostphere and great ratings.

04-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Find
SquigPie Offline

(04-27-2012, 06:26 PM)GrAVit Wrote: Ok, just for a moment, let's imagine that thechineseroom is a very experienced game-making company that has made dozens of top-class games with amazing atmostphere and great ratings.

Uuuh, I suppose if we set up this imaginary situation, the game might be worth looking forward to.

Then again, thechineseroom making games is something of a paradox.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 07:56 PM by SquigPie.)
04-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

Quote:Gee, that improved my opinion on you.
I'm sure it just kills him to know that someone on the internet doesn't like him.

Quote:Ok, just for a moment, let's imagine that thechineseroom is a very
experienced game-making company that has made dozens of top-class games
with amazing atmostphere and great ratings.

Why? Not even Frictional matches that description. Didn't stop me from loving most of the games they've done so far.

thechineseroom so far has worked on experimental mods. The one commercial remake they've done has received high ratings and is praised for being atmospheric. The quality of the writing, acting, and music in their mods alone have been top notch, better than many commercial games.

So now that they have a budget, have hired more professionals, and are aiming to create a well rounded game? Yes. I'm excited and am looking forward to it.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 08:48 PM by Nyarlathotep.)
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

(04-27-2012, 08:48 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote:
Quote:Ok, just for a moment, let's imagine that thechineseroom is a very
experienced game-making company that has made dozens of top-class games
with amazing atmostphere and great ratings.

Why? Not even Frictional matches that description. Didn't stop me from loving most of the games they've done so far.

thechineseroom so far has worked on experimental mods. The one commercial remake they've done has received high ratings and is praised for being atmospheric. The quality of the writing, acting, and music in their mods alone have been top notch, better than many commercial games.

So now that they have a budget, have hired more professionals, and are aiming to create a well rounded game? Yes. I'm excited and am looking forward to it.
Well said.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 09:07 PM by dph314.)
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Find