Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] Adding custom footstep sounds without replacing old ones
SPACoD Offline

Threads: 4
[Help] Adding custom footstep sounds without replacing old ones

Does someone know how to add custom footstep sounds without replacing the old ones, just like in Justine?
I wanted to put sounds from Penumbra but I don't want to use them always, I just wanted them to be in my custom story (maybe it's only possible in full conversions, I don't know.)

Thanks in advance Smile
05-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Find
zombiehacker595 Offline

Threads: 51
RE: [Help] Adding custom footstep sounds without replacing old ones

(05-03-2012, 06:53 AM)SPACoD Wrote: Does someone know how to add custom footstep sounds without replacing the old ones, just like in Justine?
I wanted to put sounds from Penumbra but I don't want to use them always, I just wanted them to be in my custom story (maybe it's only possible in full conversions, I don't know.)

Thanks in advance Smile

just create a sounds folder in your CS folder and place the .snt file in there then in the script just use playsoundatentity as usual
05-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Find
FragdaddyXXL Offline

Threads: 20

Do you mean without replacing the file, but making it so you hear only 1 version of footsteps in-game?
Like having your version of footsteps and telling the game to use those and not the default ones?

Dark Seclusion Here
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012, 11:26 AM by FragdaddyXXL.)
05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

(05-03-2012, 11:25 AM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote: Do you mean without replacing the file, but making it so you hear only 1 version of footsteps in-game?
Like having your version of footsteps and telling the game to use those and not the default ones?
That didn't make any sense for me. But oh well.

I don't think you can. Only FC can.

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Find