Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

have a look.
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9
RE: have a look.

So the decision is declared.
We shall assassinate PewDiePie. XD
Spoiler below!

(INCASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS A JOKE I WOULDN'T MURDER ANYONE)

05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

Quote:i really do not know what to do anymore, and knowing that our latest project had a terrible downfall, and the community just stands by, ACHING to jump over most of the assets whom were taken, it just makes me lose all respect for the forum members..

is anyone else feeling as hopeless as i am, after reading this?.. q__q
What to do? Simple, do not play the maps and do not let it bother you. There is nothing really you can do about it. People will make what they want to make because they can and it is free.
(05-06-2012, 02:09 AM)darkadders Wrote: *I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYBODY, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, BUT YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHO YOU ARE!*

i have seen the lot, i really have. opening closets, playing the exact same f***ing noise every time a naked flying jesus pops up.. hearing the same s**t all over again and again.. i really am fed up to the point where i could actually beat a pillow to death. this all has to STOP, SOON!

all i can see in this forum now, are mostly, totally retarded 14 year old brats who "TINKS AMNESHIAH ISH SHO FUUNYY LOOLOLOL" and 12 - 15 year old hardcore pewdiepie fanboys who cant keep their pants up whenever they see a so-called "stephano", "barrel", "chair", "pig" or "armor" in a map. (pew, this aint on you. 'preciate you makin a forum for these guys) and im really, REALLY SICK OF IT. ive seen nearly a thousand new so-called "companies" being made all around this forum, with only like 2 members. along with a million other "epix-lolol-gaming" channels, its just absolutely ridiculous, and it really kills me seeing a community, MEANT FOR ACTUAL MATURE PEOPLE, to be spoilt to these guys..

From the rage (or whatever term you may use) present in those paragraphs, I am going to recommend you take a break from the game. I don't want to be a jerk here, but there are other games out there, playing one most of the time isn't a good practice. Play some sports or walk around the block or whatever, fresh air is the best cure for anger. That goes for all of you who get fed up with a game that you chose to play. If it helps at all, think of the person who made the story.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike these "PewDiePie" maps as much as the next guy; I don't even like him yet he is shoved down my throat constantly, but it doesn't bother me in the least. Sure there may be some things you can do, but these story... things, are here to keep being made.

Insanity. Static.
05-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(05-06-2012, 01:57 PM)Juby Wrote:
Quote:i really do not know what to do anymore, and knowing that our latest project had a terrible downfall, and the community just stands by, ACHING to jump over most of the assets whom were taken, it just makes me lose all respect for the forum members..

is anyone else feeling as hopeless as i am, after reading this?.. q__q
What to do? Simple, do not play the maps and do not let it bother you. There is nothing really you can do about it. People will make what they want to make because they can and it is free.
(05-06-2012, 02:09 AM)darkadders Wrote: *I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYBODY, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, BUT YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHO YOU ARE!*

i have seen the lot, i really have. opening closets, playing the exact same f***ing noise every time a naked flying jesus pops up.. hearing the same s**t all over again and again.. i really am fed up to the point where i could actually beat a pillow to death. this all has to STOP, SOON!

all i can see in this forum now, are mostly, totally retarded 14 year old brats who "TINKS AMNESHIAH ISH SHO FUUNYY LOOLOLOL" and 12 - 15 year old hardcore pewdiepie fanboys who cant keep their pants up whenever they see a so-called "stephano", "barrel", "chair", "pig" or "armor" in a map. (pew, this aint on you. 'preciate you makin a forum for these guys) and im really, REALLY SICK OF IT. ive seen nearly a thousand new so-called "companies" being made all around this forum, with only like 2 members. along with a million other "epix-lolol-gaming" channels, its just absolutely ridiculous, and it really kills me seeing a community, MEANT FOR ACTUAL MATURE PEOPLE, to be spoilt to these guys..
From the rage (or whatever term you may use) present in those paragraphs, I am going to recommend you take a break from the game. I don't want to be a jerk here, but there are other games out there, playing one most of the time isn't a good practice. Play some sports or walk around the block or whatever, fresh air is the best cure for anger. That goes for all of you who get fed up with a game that you chose to play. If it helps at all, think of the person who made the story.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike these "PewDiePie" maps as much as the next guy; I don't even like him yet he is shoved down my throat constantly, but it doesn't bother me in the least. Sure there may be some things you can do, but these story... things, are here to keep being made.
Where does he mention he only plays Amnesia? I certainly don't. Infact I rarely play it due to there being barely any good stories out there. This whole thing is kind of bugging me aswell.
05-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Find
ChocMonPie Offline

Threads: 7

I totally want the old Feelings of Amnesia CS, Atmosphere, sounds ETC ETC, I miss the old CS tectics... Sad

05-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

This thread is exactly what the world needs in it. I have thought these same things for a while now, but never bothered to say anything because I realized it's a very unfortunate minority that feels that same way. But honestly, the amount of stupidity (yes, I'm being blunt, deal with it) running rampant in these forums for a game that is rated M and contains scenes of graphic torture just disgusts the hell out of me. I see maps like House of Creep get five star ratings, mappers who have made 12 maps in the last 2 months get 23 or more reputation... etcetera. It's not the statistics and the numbers themselves that irritate me, it's what they stand for. It means that people are actually so dumbed down at this point that they enjoy the cheap thrill of a loud noise being thrown in their face, and yet whenever a story forces them to use their brain (I've watch in dismay as let's players completely miss the point of my story and just wallow in confusion) they claim it as 'disappointing' and move along, usually leaving a negative mark on the story in question.

God, it grinds the shit out of my gears. If you don't understand the finer nuances of Amnesia storytelling and what it stands for, get out. If you want a game that makes you giggle or that tries to startle you, head on over to F.E.A.R.

Thank you for making this thread, darkadder.

[Image: signature-2.png]
05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

I am trying to make a nice custom story but I leave a lot of projects because of No-Storywriting that leads to a lack of motivation... I'm making another one but before posting it i'll try to write a decent story first Wink

listen to boards of canada
05-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(05-06-2012, 08:28 PM)Hardarm Wrote: I am trying to make a nice custom story but I leave a lot of projects because of No-Storywriting that leads to a lack of motivation... I'm making another one but before posting it i'll try to write a decent story first Wink
After two similar experiences/attempts such as yours, I'm starting to feel like its almost a necessity to have a good story as the foundation.

I rate it 3 memes.
05-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I agree with JMFstorm and Andyrockin's Rant. What I would like to see would be a section titled "Hall of fame", which isn't picked by votes but by the moderators of this forum. This isn't something new, I see it done on modeling forums. Perhaps this is something which could be arranged by the moderators?

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

05-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16

I agree with this... People need to put more effort into the custom stories instead of just making map packs with flying corpses. Sure, maybe you do not know modelling or animation but you can still make a great mod with the assets allready in Amnesia. All it takes is time and effort!
Everyone else, keep up the good work!

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 09:05 PM by Measuring.)
05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(05-06-2012, 08:36 PM)Acies Wrote: Perhaps this is something which could be arranged by the moderators?

Moderators don't have the ability to create forums.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Website Find