Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Share a little bit!
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Share a little bit!

I am a 21 year old economics student from Sweden. I have always thought gaming was a fun thing. A couple of years ago I became interested in learning modeling and combining this with the fact that I "have an artistic side" but cannot draw for the life of me, amnesia modding seems like a good outlet.

I also like to create stories. In our last course of english we were asked to create something containing postcolonialism (and other post- stuff which I don't remember now). I was 18-19 at that time and did what every dedicated gamer would do, I wrote a story meeting the criterias based upon assassin's creed.
Story found here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790433/The%20c...rberg.docx

And lastly, this is me:
Spoiler below!

[Image: xZ2Ik.jpg]

[Image: 08ab0.jpg]

Pictures are two years old, but I very rarely have pictures taken of me :>

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

05-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

If it's important, I'm 23 years old.
05-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

so.. yeah, this is me

typical horror game enthusiast from norway. been a big fan of amnesia since it came out, and have been inspired ever since i saw how the simplest things in this game can put one on edge when playing it.
im 16 years old, and have recently begun my journey towards learning how to model. ive been modeling for about 6 months now, and it really has opened possibilities for me when it comes to choosing my way of employment when i finaly complete school. what i plan to do with my life is first: get a computer that f***ing works for a change.. and i plan to go study proper modeling in schools that offer it.

in my freetime i make music with FL Studio, and knowing i had done it for nearly 3 years i thought id try to take it further; making me buy a numark ns6 mixer. its opened possibilities for me when it comes to music, but for now i suppose its just a hobby.

and.. yeah.. here are some pictures ^^:

Spoiler below!

[Image: my_image_1.jpg]

[Image: my_image_3.jpg]

[Image: my_image_2.jpg]

i rarely post pictures of myself, so these will have to do Tongue , theyre about a year old.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

(05-08-2012, 01:42 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Btw, is anybody here older than me? I'm 35 soon. Am I truly the old man of these forums? Smile

You do have me beat by a bit, I just turned 27. But 35 is hardly old, so don't feel too bad Tongue
I live in Buffalo, NY. Cold winters with tons of snow, hot summers. My main hobby went from cars to computers when I had to sell my 2004 Pontiac GTO. Loved that car, beat 4 Corvettes in it. But when it got too expensive, since at the time I was in school paying tuition and only working part-time, I sold it and got a little more into computers. I spent quite a bit on a beast that would tear Battlefield 3 apart. At the moment my CPU is a 2500k running at 4.7Ghz cooled by a Noctua NH-D14, two GTX 680s in SLI, 8GBs 1600mhz RAM, and a 1200w Cooler Master PSU, in a Cooler Master HAF X. I spend a lot of time at overclock.net, if anyone is as interested in anything to do with computers and games as I am, it's a great site to talk about everything and get the latest news. There's a thread someone started asking everyone what the scariest game was that they should get. Obviously, there was a ton of votes for Amnesia and Penumbra Big Grin . I also saw something about SCP there, which I had never heard of before, so I started reading up on it, it's pretty interesting.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012, 09:42 PM by dph314.)
05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I figure I'll post here. Why? Because I darn well can.

I'm an 18-year old gamer hailing from Alberta, Canada. My interest in this community simply started as simple curiosity. I noticed that custom stories could be made for Amnesia, and I played a few. From there, I figured I'd try making my own. After releasing Unsterblich, I focused my efforts elsewhere, not really doing anything, just keeping an eye on the forums. When the 24-hour challenge arose, I took part of it. When Cryaotic livestreamed his playthrough of it, I was part of a skype chat that was created between some of the people who participated in the challenge. From there, I delved into the 3d modelling aspect of game development. While learning how to texture and model, I also read up on some more C++ programming.

As a person, I enjoy a variety of games, and after doing 3d modelling, I do what I can to appreciate every aspect of a game. My preferred platform for my gaming is my beloved PC.

From here, I present to you my absolutely lovely face. Taken today, actually.
Spoiler below!

[Image: cNcpy.jpg]

05-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

Well...

I'm just a clumsy 14 year old who makes tons of mistakes. I'm the nerd you hate; I got a few good friends and a decent life. I'm way too nice and pretty much get garbage back. As a modder, I mostly develop for me and my friends; what did make me feel like an absolute boss was the release of (a custom CODWaW zombie map) nazi_zombie_forts, achieving thousands of downloads and was even featured on Yoteslayer's and NGTZombie's channels. My favorite music is metalcore.

I was going to write a lot more, but the main idea was I write literature in some of my free time and have an amazing pug named Halo.

- Oh and I am suicidal, but in the end my fear of non-existence overrides that of living through pain.

Insanity. Static.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 03:31 AM by Juby.)
05-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Find
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9

I lied about my age.
I don't trust the internet. :X

I'm only 15. XP

No pictures.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM by Xanthos.)
05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Not like any of you really care but just in case...

I'm an 18 year old (almost 19) male from Iceland. My vices are music, video games, films, indoor bouldering and programming.

I listen to jazz above all and I play the tenor saxophone (at the moment in a rut unfortunately) and other instruments. My favorite musician and guiding light is John Coltrane. I also listen to a lot of progressive rock, funk and 20th century classical (the stuff that doesn't suck that is).

As for video games I am a huge fan of stealth games (you can imagine my frustration that there are only a handful of good stealth games), RPGs and adventure games. My favorite games are Grim Fandango, Thief: The Dark Project, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Ocarina of Time and The Curse of Monkey Island among others.

My favorite movies are Touch of Evil, Vertigo, Naked Lunch, Dr. Strangelove, The Conversation and Return of the Jedi (though the list goes on almost endlessly). I have a thing for black humor, surrealist movies and noir type movies.

As for bouldering and programming I am not too advanced in either. I climb V3/4 routes at the moment and have been practicing seriously for about 3 months (taken plenty of courses over the years however). I have been trying to learn C++ for several years and just recently took a major interest in it again and am progressing at a smooth pace. There are other languages I've dabbled in but none held my interest as much as C++.

So yeah.
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

19, male, sweden. Watch some of my previous youtube stuff and you'll have all you need.
Deep voiced super sexy man of awesomeness, been modding games for aslong as I can remember starting back with Warcraft 3.
Self taught 3D modeler and looking to getting into a 3D/gamesDev school as soon as I'm done with my current school stuff.

I enjoy walking hand in hand in during the sunset. Call me ladies.
05-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(05-10-2012, 08:34 PM)Bridge Wrote: As for video games I am a huge fan of stealth games (you can imagine my frustration that there are only a handful of good stealth games), RPGs and adventure games. My favorite games are Grim Fandango, Thief: The Dark Project, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Ocarina of Time and The Curse of Monkey Island among others.
What's your opinion on the splinter cell series? Ignoring Conviction, naturally.

[Image: signature-2.png]
05-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Find