Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
Followed By Death: Chapter Two
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8
Exclamation  Followed By Death: Chapter Two

Hi guys!

So Chapter Two is now done and I'm really exited to finally bring it out to you guys. The story continues right on where Chapter One ended. There are more voice actors this time in cast and I believe the quality of them has also improved. I've been paying more attention to gameplay & level desing in this chapter so what I've got is a longer and more intense adventure than the first one!

Here's a trailer I made:

Download from ModDB: [url]http://www.moddb.com/mods/followed-by-death[/url]

Let me know what you think!

-JMFStorm

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2012, 04:00 AM by JMFStorm.)
05-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Followed By Death: Chapter Two

I hate to be judgemental but this forum.... Why does Skashi's maps get 5 stars for simply throwing whatever he can find in the model editor, given credit for MAKING a dog that was already made by a professional game company, and yet I see this get 1 star?...

Seriously. What is happening to this forum?...

I have not played this yet, but from the trailer, it looks pretty good. I'll give it a shot sometime. =]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 10:01 PM by Statyk.)
05-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Looks awesome! Must Download! Wink

Why you don't upload this story somewhere else in the meantime while it's uploading ModdB?

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 10:52 PM by HumiliatioN.)
05-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I got the pleasure of beta testing for this, and I have to say it is EASILY one of my favorite custom stories ever, I haven't been legitimately scared by the default monsters since Justine, but hell my hands were actually shaking in parts of this. You've really made something amazing with this story, can't wait for chapter 3 Smile

Posting Freak
05-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Website Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

Can't wait till it's authorized!

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(05-10-2012, 10:00 PM)Statyk Wrote: I hate to be judgemental but this forum.... Why does Skashi's maps get 5 stars for simply throwing whatever he can find in the model editor, given credit for MAKING a dog that was already made by a professional game company, and yet I see this get 1 star?...

I thought that by this point majority of forum members have gone with the theory that the decline of custom story quality is due to a certain YouTuber's obsessive pre-adolescent fan base hell bent on pleasing him through the creation of jump scare maps consisting of inanimate talking objects, golden statues and flying naked people?

Not saying that Skashi is necessarily a Pewdiepie fan(oops, did I accidentally say his name? silly me!), but no doubt it's because of the same fan base feeding him the idea that those are the types of maps people want and like.

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012, 11:48 PM by Adny.)
05-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

(05-10-2012, 11:47 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 10:00 PM)Statyk Wrote: I hate to be judgemental but this forum.... Why does Skashi's maps get 5 stars for simply throwing whatever he can find in the model editor, given credit for MAKING a dog that was already made by a professional game company, and yet I see this get 1 star?...

I thought that by this point majority of forum members have gone with the theory that the decline of custom story quality is due to a certain YouTuber's obsessive pre-adolescent fan base hell bent on pleasing him through the creation of jump scare maps consisting of inanimate talking objects, golden statues and flying naked people?

Not saying that Skashi is necessarily a Pewdiepie fan(oops, did I accidentally say his name? silly me!), but no doubt it's because of the same fan base feeding him the idea that those are the types of maps people want and like.
That was almost like science.
Well stated.

Insanity. Static.
05-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

(05-10-2012, 10:29 PM)kman Wrote: I got the pleasure of beta testing for this, and I have to say it is EASILY one of my favorite custom stories ever, I haven't been legitimately scared by the default monsters since Justine, but hell my hands were actually shaking in parts of this. You've really made something amazing with this story, can't wait for chapter 3 Smile
Thanks man. I really appreciate your words. Also, thanks for really great work at beta testing, finding dozens of graphical errors in the levels is really important.

05-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Find
Dutton Offline

Threads: 3

Amazing.. just... amazing!

[Image: 15isy6C]
05-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

In the words of Toby Turner:
Oh my sweet R. Kelly monkey lord christ jesus babies. (or something like that).

This was friggin' awesome. Not since the original game have I felt so uneasy at all times.

LOVE the story, and the atmosphere was spot on; perfect lighting, music choices, ambient noises, and the environment itself. Usually good custom stories get me with 2-3 scares max, but this...oh lawdy. This was so freaking stressful, I'm in the middle of development and have saves turned off for dev mode, so I couldn't take breaks ;_; For the sake of spoiling, I won't say what happens in the story. I said nope, screamed like a girl, and everything else you could imagine so many times I can't count it on 2 hands.

I also really enjoyed your use of particle systems and billboards, very few modders can actually execute them as well as you did.

10/10.

I rate it 3 memes.
05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Find