Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is your favorite game?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: What is your favorite game?

(05-12-2012, 05:36 AM)kman Wrote: Metacritic isn't one company or one person, it's a system that takes all the reviews from across the web and compiles them into a general score that people gave it. This includes reviews from both Americans and people from other countries.

No matter when the score is a lie.

The game is brilliant and that is important.

All the 250+% scores of action blockbuster titles just are hyped by all people, so they get a high score by default. But epic games like Risen needs a qualitative testing, the series has been a hard act to.

A good game needs intensive quality check and it is because the previous games are so praised. It's hard to make a better game as the previous already are.

A high score is a broad conceptual. It says nothing about how good a game is.

an example:

Action: 1/3

Erotic: 0/3

Gameplay: 3/3

Story: 2/3

So the game will get a score of 50% only.

But lets check the truth.

To have less action is good, exactly this what we want. The game never should be an action RPG.
The game also doesn't need erotic scenes, this is not the part of dark atmosphere and serious story.

This feature is nice, but it would destroy the placement of the core game.

The gameplay is excellent.

The story is excellent.

So the metacritics score is not serious.

But you can believe what you want, I just had to explain that.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2012, 11:15 AM by Googolplex.)
05-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I actually played Risen 2 and I got to say that it sucked major balls compared to the first game (which is bad too, compared to Gothic). Though, two worlds will always be the worst open world RPG there is (except the second one, it was pretty good actually).

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
05-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

1000 times better game than you're shit risen 2 [Image: joebiden.jpg] [Image: yow.gif]

05-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(05-12-2012, 11:56 AM)Arvuti Wrote: 1000 times better game than you're shit risen 2 [Image: joebiden.jpg] [Image: yow.gif]

Big Grin

Haha, you really mean COD is better than Risen?
COD has the worst gameplay ever.
Run, shoot, run, shoot, shoot, shoot, run, cutscene! Run, shoot, QTE, shoot, shoot, run.
Lol.
But when you mean, I won't have to say anything.

(05-12-2012, 11:16 AM)nackidno Wrote: I actually played Risen 2 and I got to say that it sucked major balls compared to the first game (which is bad too, compared to Gothic). Though, two worlds will always be the worst open world RPG there is (except the second one, it was pretty good actually).

There are really some things I hate in Risen 2, for example the inventory when you open a chest or equip the character. This is true the worst thing compared to the previous games by PiranhaBytes.
And you also have right here, that Gothic is better than Risen, especially Gothic-I & II.
But Risen is the best RPG of modern era and it is same epic like the Gothic series.
In general it is a really good game, I needed 44 hours to play it.
Some dungeons in Risen 1 also had better puzzles, this is right.
But Risen 2 is bigger on the other side, there's by far more to explore.
I love all Gothic and Risen games. They never sucked like Call of Duty.
But can't compare it to an action-shooter.
05-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

Final Fantasy X: Great storyline, great visuals (for PS2), superb voice acting, ...

05-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:There are really some things I hate in Risen 2, for example the
inventory when you open a chest or equip the character. This is true the
worst thing compared to the previous games by PiranhaBytes.

And you also have right here, that Gothic is better than Risen, especially Gothic-I & II.

But Risen is the best RPG of modern era and it is same epic like the Gothic series.

In general it is a really good game, I needed 44 hours to play it.

Some dungeons in Risen 1 also had better puzzles, this is right.

But Risen 2 is bigger on the other side, there's by far more to explore.

I love all Gothic and Risen games. They never sucked like Call of Duty.

But can't compare it to an action-shooter.
Comparing CoD with two RPGs isn't really optimal? They are different genres and can't compare to each other.

Also, I think Skyrim is superior to any Risen game, mainly because it has a more fluid gameplay, better writing and a larger more open world. Although it lacks the Roleplay element of past generations, which the Risen game kinda had (although they are very basic and poorly executed, but still there)

05-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-12-2012, 11:56 AM)Arvuti Wrote: 1000 times better game than you're shit risen 2 [Image: joebiden.jpg] [Image: yow.gif]

Well OBVIOUSLY. I mean just look at it! You can ride around in super high tech war robots and shoot giant guns and shit, and then in Risen 2 you just ride around on a horse with a sword or something. Not to mention the graphics are better in CoD so it's pretty much automatically better than Risen 2. Oh and it's already sold 10 million copies in pre-sales so obviously it's a great game.

Problem?

Posting Freak
05-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(05-12-2012, 08:55 PM)kman Wrote: Well OBVIOUSLY. I mean just look at it! You can ride around in super high tech war robots and shoot giant guns and shit, and then in Risen 2 you just ride around on a horse with a sword or something. Not to mention the graphics are better in CoD so it's pretty much automatically better than Risen 2. Oh and it's already sold 10 million copies in pre-sales so obviously it's a great game.

Problem?
Yes, lets me explain the problem.

To shoot giant guns and shit is not immersing, it is just FUN for casuals.
You write: "Just look at it, the graphics are better, so the game is besser".
Hello? Graphics means nothing about how good a game is, look at Amnesia did it have hyped graphics?
Or the old Gothic games or Indiana Jones, this games are over 10 years old, but are all better than the hollywood shit.
You never played Risen 2, otherwise you would know that there are no horses. And so you also never seen the graphics.
And how many copies sold also doesn't say anything about how good a game is. Or did you think Pokémon is the best game? It sold ~30 million copies.
The best games came from indie developers and/or decent people who understand story telling and immersing gameplay.
Hollywood blockbuster like CoD are mainly made for casuals, and today the casuals are the majority.
05-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Googolplex utterly failed to detect the huge amount of sarcasm in Kman's post. I'm disappointed.

05-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-12-2012, 10:45 PM)nackidno Wrote: Googolplex utterly failed to detect the huge amount of sarcasm in Kman's post. I'm disappointed.
/winning

Posting Freak
05-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Website Find