Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
True Horror Amnesia Mod Pack v0.1
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6
True Horror Amnesia Mod Pack v0.1

[Image: SyZaL.jpg]

I hope you'll forgive my poor Photoshop skills, hehe.

Anyways, with the recent popularity of the "Ultimate Map Pack" among new users, I figured it was about time someone offered an alternative to that pack, as many believe some of the story choices are poor (I won't get into specifics...)

The True Horror pack aims to provide, above all, QUALITY stories. Although most of the mods are horror themed; humorous, story-driven, or non-horror mods are still included as long as it is obvious that the creator(s) put a significant amount of work into the project.

Currently, the pack has only 25 mods, although this is only version 0.1. Each mod was personally selected by checking threads and seeing what mods received the most praise for their excellence. The next version of the pack will have 50 mods in it, so I am more than open to suggestions. I don't care what type of mod it is, as long as it is clear that the creator(s) put a lot of effort into their creation.

Installation instructions are included in the archive.

Remember to make a backup of your redist folder, like it says! Note the archive is 1.3 gigabytes.

Download

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 06:04 AM by SUMMER^.)
06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13
RE: True Horror Amnesia Mod Pack v0.1

Thanks! Because of the low quality maps of the other map pack i didnt download, but thank goodness for this one! Now il have to delete all the copys. Do i have to extract them all seperately into the custom story folder?

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

06-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

(06-08-2012, 05:41 PM)xPICKLEMONSTER Wrote: Thanks! Because of the low quality maps of the other map pack i didnt download, but thank goodness for this one! Now il have to delete all the copys. Do i have to extract them all seperately into the custom story folder?
There's instructions in the file. Custom stories go into the "custom_stories" folder and total conversions go into the "redist" folder (unless the instructions state otherwise).

Don't forget to make a backup of the redist folder before installing any mods.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2012, 10:22 PM by SUMMER^.)
06-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

(06-08-2012, 10:15 PM)SUMMER^ Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 05:41 PM)xPICKLEMONSTER Wrote: Thanks! Because of the low quality maps of the other map pack i didnt download, but thank goodness for this one! Now il have to delete all the copys. Do i have to extract them all seperately into the custom story folder?
There's instructions in the file. Custom stories go into the "custom_stories" folder and total conversions go into the "redist" folder (unless the instructions state otherwise).

Don't forget to make a backup of the redist folder before installing any mods.
I learned that the hard way and now I'm always playing Tetris the Dark Descent no matter what. Sad

06-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

If I could, I'd like to recommend a few that should be added: An Unexpected Arrival, Solid Sacrifice, Twenty Four Hour Amnesia, Library of Alexandria, Snowed in (demo), and Harvest: Prologue. Nice list so far though, definitely worth checking out if you haven't played many of these Smile

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2012, 10:44 PM by Kman.)
06-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Website Find
SUMMER^ Offline

(06-08-2012, 10:44 PM)kman Wrote: If I could, I'd like to recommend a few that should be added: An Unexpected Arrival, Solid Sacrifice, Twenty Four Hour Amnesia, Library of Alexandria, Snowed in (demo), and Harvest: Prologue. Nice list so far though, definitely worth checking out if you haven't played many of these Smile
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna add all of those except Snowed In, since I'm not putting in any demos (had to leave subterranea and gary out Sad ) Well, maybe...

I might release another version once I reach around 35-40 mods before the 50 mod one, if this is popular enough.

Also, if anyone thinks they could make a better title graphic similar to the one in the first post, that'd be much appreciated.

06-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

The need for this kind of map packs is a the result of a mistake by FG. They assumed they wanted to allow further development for Amnesia, so they should have (must have) created a development platform along with that decision. Something that would allow the users to download, rate, comment, discuss and most importantly sort the stories.

Such thing was never done and the stories keep disappearing. Creating map packs is quite the useless if you ask me(assuming you can have such platform).

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012, 01:56 AM by nemesis567.)
06-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(06-09-2012, 12:53 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: The need for this kind of map packs is a the result of a mistake by FG. They assumed they wanted to allow further development for Amnesia, so they should have (must have) created a development platform along with that decision. Something that would allow the users to download, rate, comment, discuss and most importantly sort the stories.

You'll never be satisfied with whatever action is taken, either by FG or any third-party.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

I certainly will. The last update was progress, but it's missing the next step.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(06-09-2012, 01:55 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: I certainly will. The last update was progress, but it's missing the next step.

The community that you have grown to no longer like will nevertheless follow behind it. It is not the actions that FG has or has not taken that is your issue, but the "kindergarten community." Everything you said that should have been created to allow users to download, rate, comment and sort already exists in the Showcase forum (and moddb). It would be wishful thinking to believe that anything with the same features would yield more desirable results. And to deny any user base, even the "kindergarten" user base, would be a bad business decision.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012, 04:05 AM by Your Computer.)
06-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Website Find