Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Mob? I'm afraid I disagree with that term. Mob, to me, means a character or creature whose virtual significance is on par with a blade of grass. Meaningless, mindless, fleeting. Those all describe a "mob". A mob is akin to a blade of grass because their grand purpose in the their virtual world is to be mowed down by the player and/or players, allowing for said virtual worlds' potential capacity to support and maintain continuous play between multiple players.

That being said, Amnesia's monsters are more nemeses than mobs. They are the lawn mower, while we the players are the blades of grass. They are strong, fast, brutal, unforgiving, vicious, and can also be described by a plethora of other words whose definitions align with said monsters' simple desire to rip you to shreds.

That being said, LOL maybe.

06-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

(06-18-2012, 06:27 AM)palistov Wrote: Mob? I'm afraid I disagree with that term. Mob, to me, means a character or creature whose virtual significance is on par with a blade of grass. Meaningless, mindless, fleeting. Those all describe a "mob". A mob is akin to a blade of grass because their grand purpose in the their virtual world is to be mowed down by the player and/or players, allowing for said virtual worlds' potential capacity to support and maintain continuous play between multiple players.

That being said, Amnesia's monsters are more nemeses than mobs. They are the lawn mower, while we the players are the blades of grass. They are strong, fast, brutal, unforgiving, vicious, and can also be described by a plethora of other words whose definitions align with said monsters' simple desire to rip you to shreds.

That being said, LOL maybe.

Jesus man. Lock the door. Lock the god Damn door. Lock the door. Lock the Damn door! LOCK THE DOOR! LOCK THE GOD DAMN DOOR! LOCK THE FUCKING DOOR! LOCK THE DAMN DOOR!
06-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Find
Oink Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs] wtf... pigs

Pigs are very intelligent animals and, would you believe it, in their natural environment are very clean.

Genetically, they are also close to humans, hence the reason that we are getting closer to using genetically modified pigs for human transplants:

http://www.kidneytransplantblog.com/?p=784
06-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

English isn't my native language, still, I was under the impression that a mob was defined as a "group of threatening people". Mobs then being "several groups of threatening people".
06-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(06-18-2012, 11:30 AM)Oink Wrote: Pigs are very intelligent animals and, would you believe it, in their natural environment are very clean.

Genetically, they are also close to humans, hence the reason that we are getting closer to using genetically modified pigs for human transplants:

http://www.kidneytransplantblog.com/?p=784
That's a good point you touched on, that pigs are very much like humans genetically. I suspect this will be a reason in the game of why pigs are used!

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
06-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Apparently they also taste a lot like humans, hence the name given to humans by various cannibalistic tribes in the Amazon: long pigs.

The pigs/boars in the movie Hannibal were pretty menacing. In fact, they were the best part of the movie by far!
06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Haha no big deal spukrian. I was just taking the opportunity to be poetic about the distinction between Amnesia's monsters and other games' typical monsters.

06-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

(06-18-2012, 08:59 PM)Paddy Wrote: Apparently they also taste a lot like humans, hence the name given to humans by various cannibalistic tribes in the Amazon: long pigs.

The pigs/boars in the movie Hannibal were pretty menacing. In fact, they were the best part of the movie by far!
Bacon will never taste the same now that I've read this Big Grin
06-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Find
A Luna Offline

Threads: 2

I agree that the video wasn't that scary at all. But I'm still going to buy the game because I just need it and to judge it. When it comes out, I'm sure they've come up with something scary for the beast.

I love playing custom stories, need a tester or someone who you want to scare easily? Pick me!:D
06-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Find
Oink Offline

Threads: 0

I don't find YouTube's Let's Plays of ATDD scary, but the immersion when actually playing the game is a different matter entirely ........... Smile
06-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Find