Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hoarding in Amnesia
BernardoOne Offline

Threads: 2
Hoarding in Amnesia

So, how many of you hoarded everything you could in Amnesia and never spent it?
I, for example, out of fear of running out of light sources(using tinderboxes and oil)and being helpless in the dark, i actually spent the majority of the game in the dark(Yes, its kinda of stupid xD)
I barely used the lantern, and I would use the tinderboxes at checkpoints I would define so I could keep my sanity(btw, my sanity never lowered to the point you fall to the floor)
I finished the game with 45 tinderboxes and 20 glasses of oil.
Any cases like mine?xD
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012, 01:01 AM by BernardoOne.)
06-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Find
reehone Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Hoarding in Amnesia

(06-26-2012, 01:00 AM)BernardoOne Wrote: So, how many of you hoarded everything you could in Amnesia and never spent it?
I, for example, out of fear of running out of light sources(using tinderboxes and oil)and being helpless in the dark, i actually spent the majority of the game in the dark(Yes, its kinda of stupid xD)
I barely used the lantern, and I would use the tinderboxes at checkpoints I would define so I could keep my sanity(btw, my sanity never lowered to the point you fall to the floor)
I finished the game with 45 tinderboxes and 20 glasses of oil.
Any cases like mine?xD
I did a playthrough where I only used light sources (oil,tinderboxes) when my sanity was at the "..." level. I had 87 tinderboxes, and 27 bottles of oil. Big Grin
06-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(06-26-2012, 01:00 AM)BernardoOne Wrote: I, for example, out of fear of running out of light sources(using tinderboxes and oil)and being helpless in the dark, i actually spent the majority of the game in the dark
Oh the irony.

Lol. My friend played through the entire game the first time without using oil or tinderboxes.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
06-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Find
Asablief Offline

On my first play-through of Amnesia, I never once ran out of tinderboxes or oil, and I never lost sanity past a headache! I'm not sure why, but the thought of running out of light scared me so much, I never EVER used my lantern unless I really needed it.
06-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Find
BernardoOne Offline

(06-26-2012, 02:36 AM)Asablief Wrote: On my first play-through of Amnesia, I never once ran out of tinderboxes or oil, and I never lost sanity past a headache! I'm not sure why, but the thought of running out of light scared me so much, I never EVER used my lantern unless I really needed it.

This. For some reason, the thought of running out of light its scarier than going trough the game without it. I guess that having them there makes you feel more safe, you know that you will always have it if you go to a part where you will really,really need it.
06-26-2012, 03:01 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

(06-26-2012, 01:00 AM)BernardoOne Wrote: i actually spent the majority of the game in the dark(Yes, its kinda of stupid xD)
No it isn't Big Grin
06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yeah I barely used any tinderboxes or oil either. Basically, as soon as I realized that not only was I safer from the monsters in the dark, but that also there was no real punishment for going insane I stopped using them entirely.
At first I thought that the monsters would be able to sense you while you were insane or spawn more frequently but I don't think that is the case - or is it? I didn't notice any difference in monster behaviour...
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Find
reehone Offline

Threads: 1

(06-26-2012, 03:04 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Yeah I barely used any tinderboxes or oil either. Basically, as soon as I realized that not only was I safer from the monsters in the dark, but that also there was no real punishment for going insane I stopped using them entirely.
At first I thought that the monsters would be able to sense you while you were insane or spawn more frequently but I don't think that is the case - or is it? I didn't notice any difference in monster behaviour...
The monsters don't really behave any differently, but every monster on the map will hear you if you collapse from insanity, and will search for a bit. The only punishment for low sanity is reduced running speed and lagging controls, at the lower orange/red levels, even grunts can outrun you.
06-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

After my first run where I was left with 60+ tinderboxes, I swore on my second run to use them more, but I was still left with 40+ at the end of the game lol
06-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

I did a run where I never used any tinderboxes or lantern oil. IIRC I ended up with ca 150 tinderboxes and ca 35 lantern oil refills.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
06-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Find