Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm

Maybe i just couldn't see it without the oil Tongue

Hi.
07-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Website Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

I would have liked to see more Taiwanese culture implemented here; language, symbols, etc.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
07-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Find
SilentHideButFine Offline

Threads: 38

(07-06-2012, 05:32 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
[Image: 920447logo.png]

Creator: Kreekakon
Release Date: 2012/7/7

Story:
You are a Taiwanese university student named Hao-Che "Howard" Shie who goes to the Hsiung-Ming
University. On what seems like a typical morning, Howard is alone in his dorm room sleeping because of all his roommates, he is the only one without morning classes. Suddenly, an emergency evacuation of dorm broadcast rings out for some reason, waking Howard up suddenly. In his frantic attempts to get off the top bunk of his bed, he falls to the floor, and is knocked unconscious.

Hours later, he wakes up, and finds that the dorm building is now completely deserted since the evacuation (During which he was left behind in the panic), and enveloped by a strange unnatural darkness...

About:

This is the first custom story I made, and the first intended of the series. It's not a very long custom story, and will take 10 to 20 minutes to beat it average. Hope you like it!

NOTE: This mod will require the Justine update.

Features:
  • Voice-acting in Chinese with English subtitles.
  • Main setting will be the dorm building. Date is modern day taking place in 2011.
  • Has a healthy(?) mix of different types of scares.
  • Non-linear hub style gameplay
  • Decisions taken throughout will affect will affect game dialogue, some slight, and some more noticeable. Play multiple times to experience it all!
  • I believe that too difficult, vague puzzles(Or simply level progression) =/= good puzzles. I have taken extensive measures to ensure the player does not get stuck too easily. If you do, read your mementos, or look at your items. The answer will always be clear.
Download Link:
Moddb is acting up currently. I don't want to delay my announced release date, so until I get that fixed, here's the download link off of MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dg3tp57kchx2hhs
I'll add the Moddb link once it's okay. In the meantime, anyone have an estimate of how long it take to upload a 30MB file to Moddb? It's been going for an hour now.

Screenshots:

Spoiler below!

[Image: 209615dormhallway.png]

Spoiler below!
[Image: 822511studyhall.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 470638tvroom.png]

Moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/hell-awakening...e-the-dorm

Cheers all, and be sure to leave feedback!

1+ rep for holding his word on the release!! Good job!

[url= http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic [/url] ,HOSPITAL OF HORROR MOD
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(07-07-2012, 02:26 PM)SilentHideButFine Wrote: 1+ rep for holding his word on the release!! Good job!
I appreciate it, but seriously, you didn't have to quote my entire opening post just to say that. It'll make your post look messy, just saying.

EDIT:
ZyLogicX Wrote:I would have liked to see more Taiwanese culture implemented here; language, symbols, etc.
Well looking back now, I probably should have put some to make my mod more unique. I'll remember to look into that for the next installment.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 03:53 PM by Kreekakon.)
07-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28

Nice screenshots, i'll give it a try Wink
07-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(07-07-2012, 10:49 PM)Skashi Wrote: Nice screenshots, i'll give it a try Wink
Thanks Skashi! Let me know what you think after you've played it Wink
07-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Find
Anonymous2343 Offline

Threads: 5

I finished this map yesterday, and it's pretty well made.
Spoiler below!

I liked the idea of the haunted statue being the source of the problems, although I'm still a little unclear about what it exactly is, or how it got there. It could have had another monster or two in there, maybe one roaming around the main room, as there was nothing there to pose a threat. I liked the flashback scene in the tv room, with the Servitor, and then the brute coming down. What I didn't like was that the statue didn't show up enough. He showed up at key points, but there could have been more times. Like when you got the crowbar from the basement, maybe you turn around and he is in the doorway watching you. Overall, it was a pretty well put together custom story, and I liked it. Smile

07-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(07-08-2012, 09:08 PM)Anonymous2343 Wrote: I finished this map yesterday, and it's pretty well made.
Spoiler below!

I liked the idea of the haunted statue being the source of the problems, although I'm still a little unclear about what it exactly is, or how it got there. It could have had another monster or two in there, maybe one roaming around the main room, as there was nothing there to pose a threat. I liked the flashback scene in the tv room, with the Servitor, and then the brute coming down. What I didn't like was that the statue didn't show up enough. He showed up at key points, but there could have been more times. Like when you got the crowbar from the basement, maybe you turn around and he is in the doorway watching you. Overall, it was a pretty well put together custom story, and I liked it. Smile

Thanks for the feedback ^^

Spoiler below!
Well, without spoiling anything of the plot to come, let's just say that there's more to that statue than you think there is, and that it's not, subtly speaking, the only source of your problems Wink

Also, I kind of disagree with you on the statue needing to show up more often though. I think that adding another scene with him in in would have been one too many.
07-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Find
Smappa Offline

Threads: 3

I really loved the design of this map.Lots of places to look for,impressive voice acting and great modeling with some of the items.Even though I LPed a little already but I assume there's lot more to expect.
Hopefully there's more like this to wait in the future ^^ keep up the good work.

Sincerely:Smappa
07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Find
joesaver Offline

Threads: 0

Great story so far but i think i'm having problems with it.

Spoiler below!
I read some of the spoilers that you and someone else was posting, and i think mine messed up. Apparently a Brute was meant to show up in the TV and Study Hall, right? Well after i picked up the crowbar nothing happened, no statue or Brute or anything. Was i supposed to make the statue disappear as i came out the room i got the TV and Study Hall key from? Because i just snuck around it and it didn't disappear. P.S. Can i get some help on finding the basement key? Kinda stumped on finding it.

Thanks for making such a good map so far! Can't wait to finish it and play Chapter 1! (Please make Chapter 1!)
07-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Find