Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Do you guys think penumbra black plague
anonreclaimer Offline

Threads: 3
Do you guys think penumbra black plague

Hey do you guys on the forum think that penumbra black plague will be open source anytime soon.I like to improve some of the code.Since all we have overture I think black plague should be open source to.
07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
RE: Do you guys think penumbra black plague

(07-10-2012, 06:27 PM)anonreclaimer Wrote: Hey do you guys on the forum think that penumbra black plague will be open source anytime soon.I like to improve some of the code.Since all we have overture I think black plague should be open source to.
In reality you have most of the blank plague source already. The engine code is exactly the same (literally) for all 3 games. the only difference is just the core game code. (e.g. mostly logic code).

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
07-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Website Find
anonreclaimer Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Do you guys think penumbra black plague

(07-10-2012, 08:05 PM)Urkle Wrote:
(07-10-2012, 06:27 PM)anonreclaimer Wrote: Hey do you guys on the forum think that penumbra black plague will be open source anytime soon.I like to improve some of the code.Since all we have overture I think black plague should be open source to.
In reality you have most of the blank plague source already. The engine code is exactly the same (literally) for all 3 games. the only difference is just the core game code. (e.g. mostly logic code).
Yeah urkle that's what I'm talking about the core game the logie code not the engine code.I want it because I like black plague most plus I would like to borrow some of the codes from it.
07-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Find