Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]

Yeah, guys. I found a further horror game.

Turn off all your lights, tune up the volume and watch the teaser on official site .
And here is a trailer !

*Important edit*

You can also play an interactive teaser here .
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 08:27 PM by Googolplex.)
07-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]

(07-18-2012, 09:23 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Yeah, guys. I found a further horror game.
And no, it doesn't have anything common to Blackwell's Asylum!

Turn off all your lights, tune up the volume and watch the teaser on official site .
And here is a trailer !
I found this game a while ago and actually tried getting in contact with the developers about it.

So far no answer and the trailer claims it was to be released in 2011.
I'm hoping for a verification soon from these folk about wether the game is still in production or not, it seems they had a very VERY small budget so you never know.

Also they have their own youtube channel for this with some VERY interesting videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lhuntings/videos
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012, 09:28 PM by Traggey.)
07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

That's really a shame about the budget. The people are so much talented, why isn't Frictional Games supporting this project? I think they could work together to release a further high quality horror title in cooperation with Asylum devs. Talented people should be supported!
We still doesn't have any further information about the game. We just know it's from the same people who developed the 2D horror game "Scratches". But this one here looks so much better! The horror is FANTASTIC, this is looking so much scarier than all other games, even than Penumbra and Amensia.

I have some money to support that project, but I'm not a managing director. I hope for a good success and that they will release the game soon.

Further video of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKxJQTVc9...=plcp&hd=1
Even the crying sounds are still amazing.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012, 09:40 PM by Googolplex.)
07-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-18-2012, 09:36 PM)Googolplex Wrote: That's really a shame about the budget. The people are so much talented, why isn't Frictional Games supporting this project? I think they could work together to release a further high quality horror title in cooperation with Asylum devs. Talented people should be supported!
We still doesn't have any further information about the game. We just know it's from the same people who developed the 2D horror game "Scratches". But this one here looks so much better! The horror is FANTASTIC, this is looking so much scarier than all other games, even than Penumbra and Amensia.

I have some money to support that project, but I'm not a managing director. I hope for a good success and that they will release the game soon.

Further video of the game:
Even the crying sounds are still amazing.
Frictional is way busy with two projects already ^^'

But yeah, I'd really like for these people to get a kickstarter going, I'd support this.
07-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

*visualgasm*

Reminds me of bioshock except with Amnesia-esque sounds, but I'm a bit unsure how it will turn out if its from the same creators as Scratches, I didn't really care for that game.

I rate it 3 memes.
07-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

They should call it Myst: The Dark Descent.
07-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Not really that 'new' of a game. Been following this game since it's announcement trailer a year or two ago. Really sad that there hasn't been very much development lately.

Also, the official YT account for Asylum is the one on the video Googleplex sent.

Also, quote from one of the developers

Quote:For now it's just "sometime next year", but we expect to determine a more precise timeline soon Smile

So expect it sometime early/mid 2013

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012, 11:05 PM by RawkBandMan.)
07-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Explain to me why you think this seems scarier than Amnesia and Penumbra? I love the graphics, but it doesn't look that scary.

Also what are you supposed to do in the teaser?

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012, 11:05 PM by Damascus Rose.)
07-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-18-2012, 11:03 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Explain to me why you think this seems scarier than Amnesia and Penumbra? I love the graphics, but it doesn't look that scary.

Also what are you supposed to do in the teaser?
This, the environments and atmosphere looks amazing, but the few scares they showed looked very bland and silly (I actually laughed a bit at the first just cause how awkward it looked). This has a whole lot of potential, I just hope they don't screw it up.

Posting Freak
07-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Website Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

(07-18-2012, 10:32 PM)Bridge Wrote: They should call it Myst: The Dark Descent.
Hehe, true.

The environment gives a great atmosphere, but point n' clicks with some jumpscares just aren't really that scary.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
07-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Website Find