Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Slenderman Monster
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17
Slenderman Monster

Ok so I was working on a custom story involving the slenderman and my problem is finding a slenderman monster
Here is a link to the model
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free...del/633860 its 100% safe it only takes about 5 seconds to sign up and is free. I was just wondering if any one could rig it to the grunts skeleton and maybe improve speed or damage but it isnt necessary i've tried of for the love of god cant figure it out and if someone else can i would highly appreciate it
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 04:35 AM by candlejack131.)
07-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Slenderman Monster

The body shape of that model is very different from that of the Grunt, so not only would the skeleton (probably) not fit, but if it did and you ran the animations it would look really awkward. If you were to use that, you'd probably have to make an entire new skeleton and set of animations (though I don't see why you'd want it to move like the Grunt considering that most of the time Slenderman is completely still and just teleports around).

Posting Freak
07-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Website Find
candlejack131 Offline

(07-22-2012, 05:45 AM)Kman Wrote: The body shape of that model is very different from that of the Grunt, so not only would the skeleton (probably) not fit, but if it did and you ran the animations it would look really awkward. If you were to use that, you'd probably have to make an entire new skeleton and set of animations (though I don't see why you'd want it to move like the Grunt considering that most of the time Slenderman is completely still and just teleports around).
I felt like the animations the grunt used fit this their was also the skeleton of the infected that walks and attacks more like a normal person but i'd prefer the grunt and if needed the tentecales on the back can be taken off but i'd appreciate it even if it clips a little.

(07-22-2012, 05:45 AM)Kman Wrote: The body shape of that model is very different from that of the Grunt, so not only would the skeleton (probably) not fit, but if it did and you ran the animations it would look really awkward. If you were to use that, you'd probably have to make an entire new skeleton and set of animations (though I don't see why you'd want it to move like the Grunt considering that most of the time Slenderman is completely still and just teleports around).
however i do understand what your saying and maybe the model of the brute or suitor would also work
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 06:20 AM by candlejack131.)
07-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

You'd have to make new animations, no way you can rigg that model to the grunts bones.

Also the model contains 106,601 polygons. Which is WAAAY too many, you can't use that model in game.
07-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yup, Traggey's right that's not a game model. It would need to have maybe 5000 -10.000 Triangles at most unless you want it to kill your computer as soon as you start the game Wink Probably even less, the Amensia models don't look like they have a very high polycount.
So before you can rig it, you would need to make a lowpoly first. (You could use the highpoly to bake a normalmap though, so you wouldn't lose much detail)
Quote: i've tried of for the love of god cant figure it out and if someone else can i would highly appreciate it
Well that depends - in which program did you try to skin it? I can show you how its done in Maya and I think we could figure something out in 3ds Max too, but if its Blender or something else I can't help you :/
07-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

(07-22-2012, 12:20 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: hly appreciate it

Well that depends - in which program did you try to skin it? I can show you how its done in Maya and I think we could figure something out in 3ds Max too, but if its Blender or something else I can't help you :/
Sadly it can't be done with 3Ds max for Amnesia, the open collada exporters do not function properly with it, it can't export animations which is why I have other people do them for me.
07-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Ah, ok. Hm...well you could theoretically skin and animate it in Max, export it to Maya as fbx and then export as collada from there Big Grin Of course fbx format is notoriously buggy too, so one should probably just do all the skinning and animating in Maya from the start.
07-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

well is their any way anyone could simplify it then like i said earlyer like removing the unnecessary twigs/tentencales from its back?

(07-22-2012, 12:42 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Ah, ok. Hm...well you could theoretically skin and animate it in Max, export it to Maya as fbx and then export as collada from there Big Grin Of course fbx format is notoriously buggy too, so one should probably just do all the skinning and animating in Maya from the start.
well then it is possible?
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 06:04 PM by candlejack131.)
07-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

(07-22-2012, 05:57 PM)candlejack131 Wrote: well is their any way anyone could simplify it then like i said earlyer like removing the unnecessary twigs/tentencales from its back?

(07-22-2012, 12:42 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Ah, ok. Hm...well you could theoretically skin and animate it in Max, export it to Maya as fbx and then export as collada from there Big Grin Of course fbx format is notoriously buggy too, so one should probably just do all the skinning and animating in Maya from the start.
Judging by your comments your seem to not know anything about modeling, so I'll try to explain it simply for you.

1. No, the animations can not be transfered.
2. For this model to be useable someone would basicly have to recreate the model with a much lower polycount
and then make totally new animations for it.

That's ALOT of work you're asking for and this community is very short on people whom are capable of doing these things, so I wouldn't expect this to happen.
07-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(07-22-2012, 06:40 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 05:57 PM)candlejack131 Wrote: well is their any way anyone could simplify it then like i said earlyer like removing the unnecessary twigs/tentencales from its back?

Judging by your comments your seem to not know anything about modeling, so I'll try to explain it simply for you.

1. No, the animations can not be transfered.
2. For this model to be useable someone would basicly have to recreate the model with a much lower polycount
and then make totally new animations for it.

That's ALOT of work you're asking for and this community is very short on people whom are capable of doing these things, so I wouldn't expect this to happen.
well what about with a simpler model like this one
http://deadlyneurot0xin.deviantart.com/a...-313419932
07-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Find