Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel?
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0
RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel?

I personally don't see any reason to have the person playing Daniel to be some pretty boy with a fake accent. Daniel is a traveled man, well-educated, and has explored quite a bit. He's not going to be some Hollywood poster-child for sex. I suspect he'll be slightly unkempt and weathered a little from all his travels. Only problem is I don't know how old he is. I suspect late 20's to early 30's. I can see someone like Sean Bean playing the role(he has a bit rougher and weathered look to him), or someone along those lines of looking a bit more journeyed. I also liked the idea of Daniel Craig that was mentioned earlier.

I'm currently thinking of actors for Alexander, but no luck yet.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 05:59 PM by HateSolstice.)
07-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I like the sound of Sean Bean, you're right.

I was thinking about John Hurt for Alexander but not sure if playing that sort of "evil" role would suit him, I mean in V for Vendetta he was the ultimate dictator.

[Image: luv.gif]
07-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(07-13-2012, 10:18 PM)Traggey Wrote: I would, like. Look at me, c'mon.

[Image: 281204_267162536633111_618382_n.jpg]

I would.

Also I'd tap that, yeah.

You would make a great Grunt!

Just kidding
07-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Slightly off-topic, but I don't want to necrobump the original TDD movie thread.

Question: What parts of the game should be removed if a reasonable, 2-hour long video game movie of Amnesia was made?

[Image: p229xcq]
07-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

(07-24-2012, 11:02 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Slightly off-topic, but I don't want to necrobump the original TDD movie thread.

Question: What parts of the game should be removed if a reasonable, 2-hour long video game movie of Amnesia was made?
A lot of the "pointless" wandering and silly puzzles. For example, gathering the parts for the drill to get the explosive compounds, or fixing the piping for the elevator.
07-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(07-25-2012, 01:01 AM)HateSolstice Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 11:02 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Slightly off-topic, but I don't want to necrobump the original TDD movie thread.

A lot of the "pointless" wandering and silly puzzles. For example, gathering the parts for the drill to get the explosive compounds, or fixing the piping for the elevator.
They should make movie from Daniel's and Alexander's diary entries and flashbacks. Alexander's backstory, Algeria diggings, strange events in brennenburg castle, Alexander's and Daniel's journey through the castle, rituals, Agrippa and Weyer... It would fill the story.
07-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I agree with Deep One. It seems thesedays that the film industry will fill up stories with totally non-existent material which would never happen, whereas it wouldn't happen with this.

[Image: luv.gif]
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

(07-25-2012, 02:48 PM)Deep One Wrote:

They should make movie from Daniel's and Alexander's diary entries and flashbacks. Alexander's backstory, Algeria diggings, strange events in brennenburg castle, Alexander's and Daniel's journey through the castle, rituals, Agrippa and Weyer... It would fill the story.
Seems reasonable enough.
07-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(07-25-2012, 08:42 PM)HateSolstice Wrote:
(07-25-2012, 02:48 PM)Deep One Wrote:

Seems reasonable enough.

I was absentmindedly thinking about directing an Amnesia movie while walking about my neighbourhood today. How does this outline sound?

Spoiler below!
Intro is exactly the same as the game's, with Daniel remembering his name and being from Mayfair, London. A glass cup with rose petals in it shatters to the floor. He opens up his eyes, gets up on to his feet, and begins shakily walking down a corridor. When his vision recovers, he notices there is a note inside his jacket. He reads the note out loud, revealing that he has to kill the baron of Brennenburg. Just then, a mysterious wind blows open some doors and lights go out. He runs as fast as he can to the Entrance Hall.

Daniel makes for the door leading out of the castle, not wanting to stay any longer. Horrendous red flesh crawls over the door and all the windows, preventing him from any escape. Scared out of his wits, Daniel hurries into the nearest room, which is the Archives. As he walks deeper in the library, his vision becomes foggy and he recalls a comforting older voice telling him about the Shadow and how they have to hurry to the Inner Sanctum of Brennenburg. The voice makes Daniel shiver before he collapses temporarily.

He has a flashback about exploring the tomb in Algeria. The door traps him inside the chamber with the orb, and Daniel begins suffocating. He walks towards the orb, drawn by the shimmering light. Suddenly there is a bright flash, and the Orb breaks; Daniel awakes again in the Archives. He looks behind him and sees that there had been a cave-in, and he can't get out of the archives through the corridor he came into. He explores further into the library, suddenly hearing a vicious growling. Daniel hides for his life while a door near him breaks down. Minutes later, Daniel checks this door and finds nothing behind it, so he follows it out of the Archives and back into the Entrance Hall.

The Shadow reappears again, covering massive portions of the room. He jumps down a set of stairs and runs towards the only door that has not been caved in by the shadow yet. This leads into the Wine Cellar, which, he finds to his dismay, is flooded. As he steps into the water, he thinks he can hear frantic whispering, with notable words such as "Wilhelm" and "kidnappers." Daniel suddenly thinks there are footsteps in the water behind him, but initially dismisses it. The deeper he goes into the cellar, the louder the footsteps, until suddenly a vicious roaring makes him break into a run. When he looks behind him, he sees nothing. But he hears the footsteps, loud and clear.

Daniel makes a wrong turn, ending up at a dead end. An invisible entity in the word grabs his legs and claws off a part of his pants, causing blood to spray into the water. Daniel manages to pull away and run up a flight of steps leading into the Back Hall. He hears the roaring of the shadow behind him, and the wine cellar evidently collapses, keeping whatever monster had been chasing him away.

(1st hour of movie)

Daniel rests his injured leg by the Back Hall fountain, wondering what he had done to deserve this, before falling unconscious. He has a flashback of being in the Algerian desert, and Herbert, his partner, tells him that he can't continue along with him due to his weak health. Daniel rests in some tents. In the morning, one of the Arabs rushes into camp covered in bloody wounds, telling everybody that something horrible has attacked the camp. Daniel rushes on some camels into the camp and finds bloated red blobs everywhere. Herbert is nowhere in sight.

Daniel awakes in the Back Hall to find a corpse in the water beside him, and blood flowing out of the fountain. He rushes into the only nearby room, the Study. Inside, he finds diagrams of an elevator, but is horrified when he sees a room with animal corpses inside it. He finds a nearby note and reads out loud; the note speaks of "extracting Vitae." Daniel also finds a usable lantern in another room and quickly retrieves it. Looking outside the study windows, he sees the misty forest below, all crawling with the Shadow-webs, and realizes there is no way out.

He finds the elevator and heads down it to escape the shadow, which is slowly rushing its way into the Study. The shadow attacks the elevator and it falls into the prison. When Daniel awakes, he begins exploring the prison, hearing subtle but brutal-sounding cries of pain in the background. Something roars beside him and Daniel sees the Grunt greedily eating a dead body; after a chase, he rushes into a cell. It is extremely dark inside and Daniel rests for a few tense moments, though the monster chasing him is still outside. Daniel thinks he's about to die, so he tries to think of happy thoughts and acquires back some of his memories.

There he is, back in London. 1st flashback: he tries to fix the Orb, but finds its shapes constantly shifting. 2nd flashback: he speaks to the geologist, who tells him about how rocks can be eroded. 3rd flashback: The geologist is dead in the newspaper, and so is his physician, doctor Tate (cue gruesome pictures of their deaths).

Daniel opens up his eyes and realizes there is not much happiness in his life; he must continue on. He finds the corpse of a dead little girl beside him. However, there is also a hole in the ground under the bed. He crawls into the hole and ends up in the Cistern Entrance.

There are two doors nearby, one leading into the Morgue and other into the sewers. Something extremely smelly is coming from the sewers, so Daniel goes into the Morgue inside (not knowing that it's a Morgue). He is evidently extremely scared of all the dead bodies in this place, but eventually reaches what looks like an experimentation room. There is a note in the room further giving information about extracting Vitae by torturing humans to prolong one's life. Daniel finds a nearby switch that looks like it has been half-moved, a corpse lying beneath it. Interested, he pulls the switch completely and hears something flooding in the background.

Something bangs on the door, and Daniel dives into a mound of bodies to hide. Something metallic walks into the room, and he's not sure what he is, so Daniel waits until it leaves before he dares to move. He slowly makes his way back into the Cistern Entrance. Deciding that he has already smelled the worst of anything (having hid in the bodies), he decides to go into the now-drained sewer.

(2nd hour of movie)

Evidentally Daniel is scared he's going to find the water monster again, but he hears the roaring of the shadow and finds more red blobs, so he moves through quickly. However, he suddenly hears the metallic sound behind him again, and it is approaching closer. The monster bellows its demonic whale-like sound and breaks down a nearby gate. Daniel hides behind a corridor, before dashing through the now-broken gate when the way is clear; the monster follows him and gives chase. Daniel reaches a ladder and climbs it. The monster attempts to break the ladder, but the shadow comes and consumes its body.

Daniel reaches the Nave and rests for a while. He is so tired that he falls asleep again, this time dreaming of Alexander's letter to come to Brennenburg and his subsequent visit to Prussia. An innkeeper warns him of things wandering the woods known as "gatherers," bringing to Daniel's mind the monsters he had just escaped. He remembers the warm dusk sunlight shining upon Brennenburg and how it had brought him comfort. He hears Alexander's voice and can see the baron's body, but not his face. In fact, Alexander's face is distorted, much like that one painting of his that appears when you are at low sanity.

Daniel awakes and explores the Nave until he reaches Agrippa. The whole conversation about Agrippa, Alexander, and Weyer occurs, and Agrippa tells Daniel to seek out the Orb. Daniel explores the torture room and suddenly goes insane; his vision is dizzy and he keeps hearing screaming in the background. Every time he closes his eyes, he sees a bleeding body before him. Daniel hastily stumbles into the Transept, which now has the Choir's torture rooms at all. He visits each six of the torture devices (with graphic flashbacks of the torture), and takes the orb pieces. He assembles them together.

As he leaves the Transept, several grunts attack him and throw him into the cells. But somehow the power of the Orb he had just assembled makes the Grunts scared of him, and all of them leave. Daniel waits in the cell and recalls fully all the torture he had done. He suddenly goes crazy and starts banging on the cell gates. The roaring of the shadow is heard, and the cells break down. Daniel escapes just in time, after a lengthy chase, and reaches the Nave, which is covered in shadow-goo. Agrippa is downstairs telling Daniel that he can be freed with the Orb. The orb shines a glimmering light and Agrippa seemingly dies, his soul released.

Daniel enters the Chancel, the only place left in the castle to go. He places the orb on that pedestabl and enters the Inner Sanctum. The Shadow is just minutes behind him, and after stumbling down the stairs and breaking his leg, Daniel thinks he's about to give up. He has the flashback of him attacking Zimmerman's farm, kidnapping the children, and slaying one of them. There is the flashback scene where he begs for forgiveness and drinks the potion. Daniel is suddenly urged to continue on by Agrippa's last words to him, which fill him up with hope. Agrippa said, moments before his death, that he could "help."

Daniel enters the Orb chamber but is struck down by some writhing shadowy energy summoned by Alexander. They have their "good and evil" conversation and such, and Alexander begins opening the portal. But Daniel slowly crawls to the central pillar, and using what remains of his strength, topples the pillar. Both the Orb in his hand and Alexander's orb shatters, and the shadow completely invades the room. Daniel begins screaming, expecting his body to be consumed by the shadow, but suddenly he feels Agrippa's presence nearby. The shadow is redirected and kills Alexander instead with Agrippa and Weyer's help (though this is never revealed to the audience).

Cue daniel's ending.

(3rd hour)

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012, 11:20 PM by Froge.)
07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

Nice idea, I like the originality alot. Tongue

I think the film should start off in Algeria with Daniel recovering the orb. All that happens in game does so in the movie. But when he grabs the orb, you hear the scream of the shadow, and it fades to black and logo. Once that's over, it cuts to Daniel arguing with Alexander. He runs out the inner sanctum and to the entrance. It's locked, and the shadow starts writhing between the cracks. He then frustratingly smashes him way through a pantry and grabs the amnesia potion. He hesitates, but eventually drinks it. He then makes his way to some dripping water, to wash his face. He eventually passes out, and wakes up in the familiar opening Amnesia spot.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
07-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Find