Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.56 Average
Pewdie´s Revenge
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8
RE: Pewdie´s Revenge

I downloaded it. It's amazing! There's very little jumpscares, it's nothing like you guys expect it to be.
So far the only graphic errors I encountered is the blood decals. the blood is unrealistic, the blood on the outer side of the cow should be removed as the same in the room to the left with the blood on the corpse. Also the ladder that's just used for decoration, you can sprint up it so you can hop on the shelf. some invisible blocks should be used for on top of the boxed shelves, it's complicated to walk across the top of it without hitting the little pieces of wood.

Other than that it's awesome, he added invisible boxes preventing you to get stuck, the graphics are amazing for a PewDiePie map.

Some tool rated this thread a one without even playing the map, It's a good map, just because it says "PewDiePie" doesn't mean it's a stupid map. 4/5

But I'm stuck
Spoiler below!

What must be done to get the hammer out of the well? I used the hollow needle on the door, and I have a dagger/knife with me now

(07-29-2012, 10:29 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Can you upload it to MediaFire please? For some reason my computer can't download anything off of Moddb regardless of what browser I use.
When you click download you click the first link on the top of the box that shows. That'll lead you to GameFront or something. wait for the numbers to countdown and it will download.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 04:19 PM by Kazakarumariou.)
07-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(07-29-2012, 04:17 PM)Harthex Wrote: When you click download you click the first link on the top of the box that shows. That'll lead you to GameFront or something. wait for the numbers to countdown and it will download.
I know. It keeps saying the download link is broken. It does the same thing even if I click on "If your download does not start, click here".
07-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Played through up until the part Harthex is stuck at (I'm stuck too) not bad so far. Here are some suggestions for improving overall quality:

-When using billboards, use many different angles to make sure there are no visible "flat" ends showing.
-Avoid "Item Dumping" (giving the player every resourcex10 in the beginning of the map)
-Make sure fog is properly colored and doesn't cut into the ground or nearby walls/entities
-Be sure to use a box light, even if its very faint; having a pitch black corner in a room with a light source really doesn't make sense when you consider how far light really spreads in an environment.
-Tone it down a bit on the jumpscares Tongue Amnesia is all about subtlety, not loud noises and things suddenly moving
-Use a more logical level progression; i.e. not a bedroom into a dungeon, it just doesn't make sense
-Don't set every entity to static physics; the physics increase immersion by allowing the player to freely interact with the environment as they see fit, by selectively not allowing it, it's is just strange
-For global ambient sounds that loop (i.e. cave/sewer drip, ambient stuff like that) use "PlayGuiSound", when you place it in the level editor it makes a very weird and unnatural 3d effect, and is very noticeable and somewhat annoying when wearing headphones.
-Finally, make sure the player start areas are touching the ground; if the ground is at a vertical (Y-axis) height of 0, the start area should be as well.

I hope you take these things into consideration; by constantly testing your maps, many of these things can be noticed by the developer and solved.

I rate it 3 memes.
07-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

First I was like: "Damn not another Pewdie garbage stories"

But, I give it a chance to try it and guess what? I completed it and really liked it. Silly story and funny.

It was great, not bad story at all, not rushed map design pretty decent I can tell.

Seriously guys, this is most decent story from the "Pewdie's stories" Nice job man!

7/10! Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
07-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

(07-29-2012, 05:04 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: First I was like: "Damn not another Pewdie garbage stories"
But, I give it a chance to try it and guess what? I completed it and really liked it. Silly story and funny.
It was great, not bad story at all, not rushed map design pretty decent I can tell.
Seriously guys, this is most decent story from the "Pewdie's stories" Nice job man!

7/10! Smile
And the thread still gets a 2/5 because of the name of the map.
07-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Find
ksnider Offline

Threads: 0

(07-29-2012, 04:17 PM)Harthex Wrote: But I'm stuck
Spoiler below!

What must be done to get the hammer out of the well? I used the hollow needle on the door, and I have a dagger/knife with me now

Spoiler below!

Make sure you check all of the beams in the room with the well Smile

Creator of Pewdie's Revenge
07-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

Huh, if what everyone is saying is true, I'll give this a shot.

Hey, maybe this is a sign that PDP maps will ACTUALLY get good for once...yeah right.
Anyway, I'll give this a shot Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 11:56 PM by SonOfLiberty796.)
07-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Find
OPBullets Offline

I tried this CS, and I got to say it's amazing for a Pewdiepie CS!!!
Though I'm stuck in the area before the "Throne Room"

(How do I the the "Spoiler below" thing?)
07-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Website Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

(07-30-2012, 07:02 PM)OPBullets Wrote: I tried this CS, and I got to say it's amazing for a Pewdiepie CS!!!
Though I'm stuck in the area before the "Throne Room"

(How do I the the "Spoiler below" thing?)
Do [spo iler] BLAH BLAH BLAH [/spo iler] without spaces.

I also can't finish this custom story.
Spoiler below!
It keeps going to 3fps/minute whenever I touch a mattress in the cell
07-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Find
ksnider Offline

(07-30-2012, 07:41 PM)Harthex Wrote: I also can't finish this custom story.
Spoiler below!
It keeps going to 3fps/minute whenever I touch a mattress in the cell
Spoiler below!
The mattresses themselves are very buggy. I've tried to remove the mattress, but it gives away where the needle is. The low fps should only last a few seconds.

Creator of Pewdie's Revenge
07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Find