Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
OMGlollerXD Offline

Threads: 0
RE: White Night - Total Conversion v1.1

How do i install it
08-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(08-08-2012, 12:02 PM)OMGlollerXD Wrote: How do i install it
By reading and following the installation intructions included with the download.
08-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Find
linus22 Offline

D: crash!
08-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Find
Woodwind Offline

Why did you have to make this big jump & run part (floating furniture) in the beginning????

I absolutely suck at jump & run, and of course therefore hate it. And you could warn people to what to expect...I spent hours getting it installed on my linux box, and now that....no horror, no suspense, just frustration.

Pleasetell me, are there more j&r sequences after the one I mentioned? If not, I might spend another hour or so trying to get across...if there's more j&r, I'll just delete it.

Nah - I'm done. I'm sorry, that part is a super dumb idea. Sure I suck at it, but it also spoils the whole athmosphere. I watched youtube walkthroughs - even the 'good' guys tock 20 or so tries. I guess I got the red splash about a 100 times - fini.

Maybe someone has a savegame past that point??? Really frustrated and annoyed at this point.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM by Woodwind.)
10-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(10-28-2012, 04:03 PM)Woodwind Wrote: Why did you have to make this big jump & run part (floating furniture) in the beginning????

I absolutely suck at jump & run, and of course therefore hate it. And you could warn people to what to expect...I spent hours getting it installed on my linux box, and now that....no horror, no suspense, just frustration.

Pleasetell me, are there more j&r sequences after the one I mentioned? If not, I might spend another hour or so trying to get across...if there's more j&r, I'll just delete it.

Nah - I'm done. I'm sorry, that part is a super dumb idea. Sure I suck at it, but it also spoils the whole athmosphere. I watched youtube walkthroughs - even the 'good' guys tock 20 or so tries. I guess I got the red splash about a 100 times - fini.

Maybe someone has a savegame past that point??? Really frustrated and annoyed at this point.
Best option is to keep trying. It took me quite some time on that too, and I was at the sheer point of ragequit, when I suddenly made it past.

And near the end, there's another one, but that took me hours to figure out. Once I did, blazed through it with ease. Taking 5-7 minutes tops.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Website Find
Woodwind Offline

(10-28-2012, 04:35 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 04:03 PM)Woodwind Wrote: Why did you have to make this big jump & run part (floating furniture) in the beginning????

Best option is to keep trying. It took me quite some time on that too, and I was at the sheer point of ragequit, when I suddenly made it past.

And near the end, there's another one, but that took me hours to figure out. Once I did, blazed through it with ease. Taking 5-7 minutes tops.
Haha - ragequit is just the right word. Problem is, these things are not about 'figuring it out'. It's just an exercise in quick fingers...not at all what I expect & want from a suspense/adventure/horror game. Utterly spoils it for me. I tried for close to an hour, and it just got me furious.

But, do you happen to have a savegame past those f***ing floting furniture? I'd like to see the good parts of white night!!!
10-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Find
Woodwind Offline

Just tried it again for 10 minutes or so....THIS IS FUCKING SHIT!
I don't know if it really is so bad, or if there is something wrong with the Linux localisation.
First Jump on the Door threshold: 50 % failure
2nd jump on the Bed: 30% failure
and so on.....
Jump to the radiator (managed maybe 20 tries) 100% failure.

This is ridicilous. Sad
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2012, 06:49 PM by Woodwind.)
10-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Uhh, I was able to get by that part in like 3 or 4 tries...

Posting Freak
10-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

I don't have a save, sadly. But thing is, you keep trying till you succeed. If you give up, you give away your weakness.

I know it is infuriating, but do you imagine a better solution besides a save?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Just keep trying. I got it on my second try, so it's not impossible.
10-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Find