Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

At the right moment the only thing I can say is that Frictional surely should use those already modern-classical music tracks by Nine Inch Nails "Piggy" and "March of the Pigs".
http://youtu.be/JfCvcFLdq4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDQNRs5JCs
I seriously think the idea of the game itself came to them while they were listening to Nine Inch Nails. The whole 1994 Downward Spiral LP is about machines and piggies world. I hardly believe this is coincidental. I think this is a straight allusion.

Also there's a very little chance that the whole game is an allusion to the story of the Lord of the Flies character "Piggy". Quite a sad tragic and horrible story by the way. The book itself is somehow about the most horrible sides of human nature - and I think this might be one of the key themes of the game storyline. I don't think there's a straight connection between Lord of the Flies and Machine for Pigs. But... you know... hmm... our subconsciousness sometimes do such a strange things...
08-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-15-2012, 01:09 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: At the right moment the only thing I can say is that Frictional surely should use those already modern-classical music tracks by Nine Inch Nails "Piggy" and "March of the Pigs".
I seriously think the idea of the game itself came to them while they were listening to Nine Inch Nails. The whole 1994 Downward Spiral LP is about machines and piggies world. I hardly believe this is coincidental. I think this is a straight allusion.

Also there's a very little chance that the whole game is an allusion to the story of the Lord of the Flies character "Piggy". Quite a sad tragic and horrible story by the way. The book itself is somehow about the most horrible sides of human nature - and I think this might be one of the key themes of the game storyline. I don't think there's a straight connection between Lord of the Flies and Machine for Pigs. But... you know... hmm... our subconsciousness sometimes do such a strange things...
I don't see why they should use another band's music when they already have music which they created themselves.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-15-2012, 03:36 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(08-15-2012, 01:09 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: At the right moment the only thing I can say is that Frictional surely should use those already modern-classical music tracks by Nine Inch Nails "Piggy" and "March of the Pigs".

Maybe you have to defeat the pig monster with a
Spoiler below!
giant boulder. :L

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
08-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Find
raptorhunter6 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Pigs and level doors..

Yeah I was thinking more along those lines about it being cinematic purposes for the trailer. I do admit though it seems more realistic and better having the pig slowly break down the door, makes everything feel more real than the grunt hitting 3 times only to entirely break a door.
08-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I really hope it isn't for cinematic purposes, mostly as I, am quite the pussy.

If Pigs can break down doors faster than the trailer, I'm probably going to nope outta there as soon as I get to the staircase.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
08-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

I think level doors will still be there. Even really popular games like Fallout 3, Elder scrolls and halflife slice and dice indoor environments into several separate maps.
08-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Find
Janiel Offline

Threads: 0

Hopefully there are multiple monsters in AAMFP.
08-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

y u no post in AFMP discussion thread? But yeah if the monsters took this long to break down doors it would be too easy to escape them. So I agree this is just for cinematic purposes.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

What if they took longer to break down doors, but could run faster than you and hit you for a lot of damage? If this is the case, this will be my reaction when I see the first one.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
08-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Who says the mechanics are even the same for AAMFP? We're all so jaded by the mechanics of TDD, I can guarantee that Frictional is not going to stick to those same mechanics. They're a better company than that, they won't just recycle the same game into different environments.

[Image: signature-2.png]
08-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Find