Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marble Hornets Custom Story/ Mod
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Marble Hornets Custom Story/ Mod

(06-13-2012, 04:56 AM)OperatorSM Wrote: I've always thought that the game amnesia had potential of a marble hornets
custom story.
The intro would be you in your house going to bed (Like in entry 19 from marble hornets)
Then waking up in an abandoned building (Either a house or hospital).
The enemies would be Masky and Slenderman. The famous "Prepare your Anus" grunt would
be replaced with slenderman and his attack music would be replaced with the distorted sounds
of the camera throughout the marble hornets entries.
Masky would attack silently but with some camera distortion noise.
How the game would end is when the screen goes dark on the last level and white text say
"The bizarre thing is that I don't remember any of this..."
Much like the series would have.
I think the story shouldn't be trying to stop slenderman, just trying to escape the hospital/house.
I am experienced in Architecture Drafting so I might make some floor plans of the levels for you guys.
But There are some issues to this.
1. The Masky and Slenderman Model
2. The Audio (I can cover the audio myself)
3. Puzzles
4. Story (We can't just stick with Slenderman and Masky chasing you, we need to know why."
and 5. Ending
I am completely inexperienced with Level Editing and Model Editing, But i'm willing to learn!
I can sketch so I'll make some art for the loading screens.
If you guys can help out, please post what you would like to help with and how you plan to tackle it.
Or if you're willing to teach me how to do this, send me a PM instead.
Thanks! ^^
- OperatorSM
I've been working on a slenderman custom story as well and when i have a finished slenderman model in my hands ill give it to you as well IF the creator of the original model gives me permission its all his doing
08-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(06-15-2012, 02:02 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 10:40 PM)kman Wrote: Exactly, and I've been telling Statyk this for ages, and yet for some reason even though he loves horror he refuses to even try watching it :l
Gah. Statyk's a pussy Tongue.

Seriously though, if you haven't seen it, watch it. Greatest youtube horror series of all time imo.
Whoa whoa whoa. I don't watch it because the ones you showed me were mostly childish and more annoying than scary. Slenderman does not scare me anymore. I feel he's kind of a silly idea. Neat, but silly. He's mainly just a jumpscare tactic and jumpscares do not induce fear. It startles. Had Amnesia been nothing but jumpscares, would it have been rated as high as it is now? No, not even close. If I were not going to play an Amnesia full of jumpscares, why would I watch Marble Hornets? I can respect its fanbase and what it does, but it does nothing for me. That's it.

Also, off topic, hearing Kman mock my taste in horror, slasher movies are not scary either. they're nothing but 90% teenagers getting drunk and having sex on spring break, when OH NO. POWER'S OUT. LET'S GO OUTSIDE IN THE WOODS WHERE RUMORS SAY A SERIAL KILLER LIVES. They're way too predictable and not scary because you know when the killer comes out. It's all just blood and guts. Not scary...

I love Amnesia because it does horror in the opposite way of all of these things I said. It builds suspense in an eerie atmosphere, hardly ever uses jumpscares, and you never know when the monster comes out (unless you replay the game of course)

So no. I'm not a pussy. I'll watch and play anything horror because I love it. But Marble Hornets simply is not scary to me in any way.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012, 11:55 PM by Statyk.)
08-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(08-15-2012, 11:53 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 10:40 PM)kman Wrote: Exactly, and I've been telling Statyk this for ages, and yet for some reason even though he loves horror he refuses to even try watching it :l

Seriously though, if you haven't seen it, watch it. Greatest youtube horror series of all time imo.
Whoa whoa whoa. I don't watch it because the ones you showed me were mostly childish and more annoying than scary. Slenderman does not scare me anymore. I feel he's kind of a silly idea. Neat, but silly. He's mainly just a jumpscare tactic and jumpscares do not induce fear. It startles. Had Amnesia been nothing but jumpscares, would it have been rated as high as it is now? No, not even close. If I were not going to play an Amnesia full of jumpscares, why would I watch Marble Hornets? I can respect its fanbase and what it does, but it does nothing for me. That's it.

Also, off topic, hearing Kman mock my taste in horror, slasher movies are not scary either. they're nothing but 90% teenagers getting drunk and having sex on spring break, when OH NO. POWER'S OUT. LET'S GO OUTSIDE IN THE WOODS WHERE RUMORS SAY A SERIAL KILLER LIVES. They're way too predictable and not scary because you know when the killer comes out. It's all just blood and guts. Not scary...

I love Amnesia because it does horror in the opposite way of all of these things I said. It builds suspense in an eerie atmosphere, hardly ever uses jumpscares, and you never know when the monster comes out (unless you replay the game of course)

So no. I'm not a pussy. I'll watch and play anything horror because I love it. But Marble Hornets simply is not scary to me in any way.
Your avatar makes me want to hug you.......why is this
08-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Slender Man isn't jumpscares!

Yes, his presence usually startles, but it's the anticipation that works really well! In the MarbleHornets series I think he only appears about five times, and it's a long-ass series! Watch it before judging it!
08-16-2012, 01:15 AM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

The slenderman mythos revolves around psychological horror not jumpscares
08-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(08-16-2012, 01:15 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: Watch it before judging it!
I said in my post that I have watched a few episodes.
08-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-16-2012, 02:01 AM)Statyk Wrote:
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

of it!
08-16-2012, 02:12 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-16-2012, 02:12 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

of it!
Exactly, it's like Amnesia, sure if you see someone play just the Storage or something you'd think "wow this looks pretty scary", but you wouldn't even begin to understand how deep and dark of a game it really is. Also I'm pretty sure Bendik was the one that sent you to individual entries.

Posting Freak
08-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Website Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I watched all of it in one night. It made for an interesting series...but I feel as though they ruined it as they progressed. It turned into a tale where random things happen, then an AfterEffects Slenderman pops up and they go "Ermahgerd!"

He's not really missing out on anything if he doesn't watch it.

08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(08-16-2012, 02:43 AM)Kman Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 02:12 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

of it!
Exactly, it's like Amnesia, sure if you see someone play just the Storage or something you'd think "wow this looks pretty scary", but you wouldn't even begin to understand how deep and dark of a game it really is. Also I'm pretty sure Bendik was the one that sent you to individual entries.
wait, what did i do?

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Find